Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. JOHN SAXON

RIP. Heard he wasn't doing too well as of late. Great actor and a legendary career.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Got a local wrestler/friend named John Saxon. Saw the headline thought he had passed.

Sucks the actor passed. Dude had amazing talent.

I watched Joe Kidd for the first time the other night. Pretty mediocre film, but worth it to see Saxon playing a Mexican outlaw! Shame he's not in it more.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    I watched Joe Kidd for the first time the other night. Pretty mediocre film, but worth it to see Saxon playing a Mexican outlaw! Shame he's not in it more.
    I saw this one and CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE on the same day...my introduction to both.

Growing up, I'm sure my introduction to John Saxon was seeing the Bava giallo THE EVIL EYE on channel 56 in Boston. (I could have sworn I saw it under another title - and not THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH - but I can't find any reference to any other English language name for the film.)

Anyway, great actor, sad to read about his passing.
    VHS will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    JOE KIDD's less than the sum of its parts, but I like it. The supporting cast is great (eg, Saxon, Duvall, Don Stroud, Paul Koslo).
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I think Saxon would have been perfect as Felix Leiter in the Bond films with Connery, Moore, & Dalton... They wouldn't have had a different actor in the role for every film.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDevilDoctor View Post
    I think Saxon would have been perfect as Felix Leiter in the Bond films with Connery, Moore, & Dalton... They wouldn't have had a different actor in the role for every film.
    Good call.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.