Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Side Of The Ring

So Flair is catching major shit now that the Darkside ep on the Plane Ride from Hell has aired. I figured most wrestling fans knew about what he did on the flight. Hell I figured most wrestling fans knew how sleazy and scummy wrestling is. But from posts various places it appears I was wrong.

Next week is the Chris Kanyon episode. Which might end up causing issues for a pile of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    So Flair is catching major shit now that the Darkside ep on the Plane Ride from Hell has aired. I figured most wrestling fans knew about what he did on the flight.
    I didn't know about it. I'm a big Flair fan but I came to know him mostly when he was in the WWF in the early 90s (or was it late 80s?). After that he was my favorite once I got into WCW. I didn't know about the plane story but I did see people talking about it on Facebook last week in some wrestling group. I read a ton of wrestling magazines as a kid/teenager but it's not something I had heard about because it probably wouldn't have been mentioned via such sources.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane
    I didn't know about it. I'm a big Flair fan but I came to know him mostly when he was in the WWF in the early 90s (or was it late 80s?). After that he was my favorite once I got into WCW. I didn't know about the plane story but I did see people talking about it on Facebook last week in some wrestling group. I read a ton of wrestling magazines as a kid/teenager but it's not something I had heard about because it probably wouldn't have been mentioned via such sources.
    That was me.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Strange. I can't say I'm a big fan. I just turn it on once in a while to see what is going on but I knew all about the plane ride. I also know about the Kanyon story so maybe I know more about wrestling then I think I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    It was talked about a LOT by the wrestling news websites of the time, and there wasn’t anything talked about on that episode that I didn’t read about right after the events, but it definitely wasn’t something most of the magazines would have wanted to cover.

Looks like the first career to get scuttled by that episode aside from Flair is Tommy Dreamer for his asinine statements about Flair’s actions. He’s been indefinitely suspended from his position as the second-in-command of creative with Impact Wrestling by the parent corporation, Anthem Entertainment.
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 09-20-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    It was talked about a LOT by the wrestling news websites of the time, and there wasn’t anything talked about on that episode that I didn’t read about right after the events, but it definitely wasn’t something most of the magazines would have wanted to cover.

Looks like the first career to Ben scuttled by that episode aside from Flair is Tommy Dreamer for his asinine statements about Flair’s actions. He’s been indefinitely suspended from his position as the second-in-command of creative with Impact Wrestling by the parent corporation, Anthem Entertainment.
    Tommy Dreamer has really gone downhill in the looks department.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Tommy Dreamer has really gone downhill in the looks department.
    Was he EVER uphill in that category?

Was he EVER uphill in that category?
    He was okay in the ECW days.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    He was okay in the ECW days.
    You must mean in 1993. By 1997 he looked like a burnt out garbage man.

You must mean in 1993. By 1997 he looked like a burnt out garbage man.
    Thats when I used to go to ECW, yeah. 93-97.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!