Thread: Comic Book Confidential

Comic Book Confidential

This is streaming on the Criterion Channel right now. Hadn't seen it in.... 25 years? Yeah, probably. Anyway, it still holds up really well.

This used to be on CityTV in Canada all the time in the 90's, probably because it was a Canadian movie.

It also made me miss the old Silver Snail in Toronto, which to a kid from a much smaller city, was soooooooo insanely exciting to go into for the first time as a 9 year old (it's featured in the movie).

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I forgot how much Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet was on the soundtrack. Fantastic.

This is really good, I'm do for a rewatch. I think last time was about 6 years ago when I stumbled onto it in youtube. I miss this era of comics. The independent stuff that's out now is kind of toothless and not subversive at all. Maybe I'm just not hip to what's out there.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Wauw! I taped this off TV when I lived in Barons Keep just across from Barons Court tube station in London in 1990. I still have the tape somewhere - including ad breaks.

Oh yeah! I taped this off cable back in the day but haven't even thought about it in 20+ years.

It's sad to note how many people interviewed in this thing aren't around anymore.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Also forgot how much I used to love Trots and Bonnie. Just checked, and there's a hardcover reprint coming out in November of this year. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Also forgot how much I used to love Trots and Bonnie. Just checked, and there's a hardcover reprint coming out in November of this year. Awesome.
    Trots and Bonnie, particularly in the early years, was so fucking good. Shary Flenniken should be wayyy better known.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Trots and Bonnie, particularly in the early years, was so fucking good. Shary Flenniken should be wayyy better known.
    Agreed!!!