Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Shameless

Gave episode 1 of the original British series a watch last night. Had I seen it before the US one I might have preferred it but since I didn't, and because episode 1 at least is so similar to what I'd already seen, it didn't resonate as well for me. Which isn't fair, since it came first and all. Still, I'll give it a few more tries to see where it goes.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Gave episode 1 of the original British series a watch last night. Had I seen it before the US one I might have preferred it but since I didn't, and because episode 1 at least is so similar to what I'd already seen, it didn't resonate as well for me. Which isn't fair, since it came first and all. Still, I'll give it a few more tries to see where it goes.
    The early episodes are similar, but the UK version took a nosedive after a couple of series. Didn't stop it going on for years though.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Been meaning to watch the UK Shameless. Was told "stop watching after series 3".

Next season of the US Shameless is the final one. And yea it is time to end it. Got a weird feeling the last episode is gonna have Frank die.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Looks decent.

That's what happened to me with THE OFFICE. I can appreciate some of the humour in the US version, but the UK one SLAYS me.

I found the British Frank getting shipped off to Calais a lot funnier than American Frank waking up in Toronto.

Gave the UK version a second shot with episode two, still not enjoying it as much as the US version. I think a big part of the problem is that, more realistic or not, Frank is such a fuck in the UK version. William H. Macy's take on the character is at least likeable at times, even if he shouldn't be but that isn't the case in the UK version. I did get a kick out of the way that Sheila is introduced in the UK version though.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The first episode of the final season was uploaded to Youtube by Showtime. I haven't watched it yet.

It's up here on Crave+. I suppose I'll have to check it out since I've followed it this far.