Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tribulation album in Jan. 2021

The Decibel tour Tribulation played on featured Abbath, High on Fire and Skeletonwitch. It was rad. I miss shows.

Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Tribulation is the best-smelling band I've ever seen, but there was a reason. I saw a Watain/In Solitude/Tribulation show a few years ago and Tribulation opened, and they set up the most beautiful-smelling incense. It was very trippy and matched the goth-rock mood perfectly. In Solitude came next, who I LOVE (esp. the Sister album), which one-ups the Tribulation stuff for me, and the incense kept wafting about creating an all-around pleasant atmosphere. Then Watain came out with the rotting pigs heads on stakes, and I understood the need of the fog of incense to try and mask the stench of decaying head meat. Between the fire, blood, Satanic rituals, and putrid TCM-ish meat smell I bailed about halfway through Watain.
    This is the best story ever.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    The Decibel tour Tribulation played on featured Abbath, High on Fire and Skeletonwitch. It was rad. I miss shows.
    That's right, I was mixing up 2 different tours.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

The new album is so fucking good. I already like it better than the last one, Down Below (and I dug that a lot). Early favorite song here. So gloomy, so catchy. Jonathan Hulten, one of the guitarists and songwriters, has left the band. They've already replaced him but I hope it's not a crippling blow. The leads on this album are spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    The new album is so fucking good. I already like it better than the last one, Down Below (and I dug that a lot). Early favorite song here. So gloomy, so catchy. Jonathan Hulten, one of the guitarists and songwriters, has left the band. They've already replaced him but I hope it's not a crippling blow. The leads on this album are spectacular.

Agreed, it is a good album. I really like Hulten's solo album, so yeah, hopefully the rest of the band still have some solid songwriting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    Agreed, it is a good album. I really like Hulten's solo album, so yeah, hopefully the rest of the band still have some solid songwriting skills.
    I've only heard a little of his solo album - and liked it quite a bit - I need to listen to the whole thing. I get the feeling he wanted to concentrate on that stuff more, although the drummer did sort of hint of the possibility of him returning some day in the recent Decibel. Adam Zaars writes quite a bit too, though not so much on this new album.