Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

Coming to theaters in December.

"Behind our world, there is another: a world of dangerous and powerful monsters that rule their domain with deadly ferocity. When an unexpected sandstorm transports Captain Artemis (Milla Jovovich) and her unit (TI Harris, Meagan Good, Diego Boneta) to a new world, the soldiers are shocked to discover that this hostile and unknown environment is home to enormous and terrifying monsters immune to their firepower. In their desperate battle for survival, the unit encounters the mysterious Hunter (Tony Jaa), whose unique skills allow him to stay one step ahead of the powerful creatures. As Artemis and Hunter slowly build trust, she discovers that he is part of a team led by the Admiral (Ron Perlman). Facing a danger so great it could threaten to destroy their world, the brave warriors combine their unique abilities to band together for the ultimate showdown."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm sorry, but Milla Jovovich is kind of a douche.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Looks craptastic. I'll probably still see it when it hits streaming.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Good for Tony Jaa to get a big role like that.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

"Based On The Global Phenomenon". I've reached that age where I can totally not have heard of something that's apparently a global phenomenon. At least it looks like its taking its shitty premise seriously. Films like Rampage that have equally dumb set ups and then can't keep a straight face are exhausting.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

My daughter is super-pissed about this. She plays Monster Hunter World a lot, and was really pissed about the whole people from our world in the game world” bullshit, when the game world has more than enough material to make a great movie.

Press release!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - BASED ON THE GLOBAL VIDEO GAME SERIES PHENOMENON - MILLA JOVOVICH STARS IN MONSTER HUNTER AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL FEBRUARY 16 ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™ and DVD MARCH 2

INCLUDES DELETED SCENES AND A LOOK AT THE PROCESS OF BRINGING THE GAME’S ICONIC CHARACTERS, WEAPONS, MONSTERS AND ACTION TO THE BIG SCREEN

SYNOPSIS:

Behind our world, there is another: a world of dangerous and powerful monsters that rule their domain with deadly ferocity. When an unexpected sandstorm transports Captain Artemis (Milla Jovovich) and her unit (T.I. Harris, Meagan Good, Diego Boneta) to a new world, the soldiers are shocked to discover that this hostile and unknown environment is home to enormous and terrifying monsters immune to their firepower. In their desperate battle for survival, the unit encounters the mysterious Hunter (Tony Jaa), whose unique skills allow him to stay one step ahead of the powerful creatures. As Artemis and Hunter slowly build trust, she discovers that he is part of a team led by the Admiral (Ron Perlman). Facing a danger so great it could threaten to destroy their world, the brave warriors combine their unique abilities to band together for the ultimate showdown.

BONUS MATERIALS:

• Deleted Scenes
    • The Monster Hunters: Cast and Characters
    • Monstrous Arsenal: Weaponry in the Film
    • For the Players: From Game to Screen

CAST AND CREW:

Written for the Screen and Directed By: Paul W.S. Anderson
    Producers: Jeremy Bolt, Paul W.S. Anderson, Dennis Berardi, Robert Kulzer, Martin Moszkowicz
    Executive Producers: Edward Cheng, Howard Chen, Hiro Matsuoka
    Cast: Milla Jovovich, Tony Jaa, Tip “T.I.” Harris, Meagan Good, Diego Boneta, Josh Helman, Jin Au-Yeung and Ron Perlman

SPECS :

Run Time: Approx. 103 minutes
    Rating: PG-13 for sequences of creature action and violence throughout
    4K Ultra HD: 2160p Ultra High Definition 2.39:1 | Audio English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)
    Blu-ray™: 1080p High Definition 2.39:1 | Audio English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
    DVD: 2.39:1 Anamorphic Widescreen | Audio English 5.1 Dolby Digital

FOR MORE INFORMATION
    Twitter: @Monster_Hunter
    Instagram: @MonsterHunterMovie
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monsterhuntermovie
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/sonypictures

Name:  mon.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  76.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    Looks craptastic. I'll probably still see it when it hits streaming.
    In fact I will be seeing it on DVD, as I have been given it for free from my preferred internet retailer of physical media, as I am in their top tier bonus programme. (I have been for years, and this has never happened before. Im taking this as a sign that Sony is dumping this film as it is horribad)

My god, this films is so fucking horrible. It's like a really bad childrens film with with some violence and swearwords. It makes your average Uwe Boll film seem amazing in comparison, or dare I say it makes The Transformers franchise seem good and well thought out in comaprison.

I will now donate my free DVD to a charity shop so I can ruin an hour and forty minutes of someone elses life.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    My god, this films is so fucking horrible. It's like a really bad childrens film with with some violence and swearwords. It makes your average Uwe Boll film seem amazing in comparison, or dare I say it makes The Transformers franchise seem good and well thought out in comaprison.

I will now donate my free DVD to a charity shop so I can ruin an hour and forty minutes of someone elses life.
    I'm sure your act of kindness will go unappreciated.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".