Thread: Dark Force Releasing The Devil's Female

Dark Force Releasing The Devil's Female

From FB:

"This devilishly nasty German horror flick was an obvious take-off of THE EXORCIST fame. From the director of School Girl Report, Walter Boos, it was re-issued in the US in 1976 under the title THE DEVIL'S FEMALE. It was also under the titles in the US of BEYOND THE DARKNESS and MAGDALENA, POSSESSED BY THE DEVIL. Either way this one delivers on all the exploitation goods for demonic possession movies. Brand New Hi-Def Master with Color Correction. COMING EARLY 2021 FROM DARK FORCE!"

Name:  125200598_733877663900774_3017152710578397810_o.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  39.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Until proven otherwise, I will assume me this is from a shitty drive-in print and act accordingly. Hopefully this will get a real release in the future.

I think subkultur wanted to release magdalena in germany, but mentioned that they couldn't find proper materials (negative) to restore it IIRC
    so yeah... brand new hi-def master from an old drive-in print banana man found in a garbage bin behind sbarros.
    Last edited by killer must kill again; 11-17-2020 at 02:43 PM.

"The Devil's Female"? That's the type of title you would use if you didn't want the copyright owner to know you were releasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by killer must kill again View Post
    ...from an old drive-in print banana man found in a garbage bin behind sbarros...
    Might be true of the source they'll use, but I'd still purchase the DVD, as this is a splendid Exorcist ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mjeon View Post
    "The Devil's Female"? That's the type of title you would use if you didn't want the copyright owner to know you were releasing it.
    The VHS version I have on the Canadian label CIC does have the name THE DEVIL'S FEMALE and it's the one I've known it by, but I understand what you mean if it's not the proper one. (I always wondered about the apostrophe, too, and whether "Devil's" is supposed to be a contraction of "Devil is" or the possessive tense. Definitely changes the meaning of the title. Anywho...)
    VHS will never die!

The disc is now on sale. It's a fun movie.

https://darkforcesuperstore.com/magd...rce-pre-order/

Quote Originally Posted by mjeon View Post
    The disc is now on sale. It's a fun movie.

https://darkforcesuperstore.com/magd...rce-pre-order/
    Does this have the original language with subs & NOT just an English dub?

"Does this have the original language with subs & NOT just an English dub?"

But it does have a snazzy slipcover!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    Does this have the original language with subs & NOT just an English dub?
    Just be happy if it isn’t missing a reel!