Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: WandaVision

  1. #11
    Spoon! Dom D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    3,199
    The first episode of this might be the greatest endurance test on telly. A 35 minute faux 50s sitcom with canned laughter and sub Bewitched level wit. As much as I hated it after getting to the end I felt like I had earnt whatever plot progression this thing had so I put the next on. The second starts the same but at about 30 minutes in something happens that makes it look like there's more going on here and by the end of the episode we're back in colour and widescreen.

    Still no idea if this going to be watchable. Painful so far but I feel like I might miss something good if I give up. I'm no fan of Marvel and no fan of Disney so I'm guessing its not for me but I do at least need to see the next couple episodes to see where this show is finally going to settle.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

  2. #12
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    63,658
    Interesting article on how the finale was originally intended to play out.

    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/wandavi...octor-strange/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  3. #13
    like a hole in the head Toyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Still no idea if this going to be watchable. Painful so far but I feel like I might miss something good if I give up. I'm no fan of Marvel and no fan of Disney so I'm guessing its not for me but I do at least need to see the next couple episodes to see where this show is finally going to settle.
    Did you stick it out? I wish that I hadn't because the way the series ended did not justify the torture of watching those first few episodes.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

  4. #14
    Spoon! Dom D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyboy View Post
    Did you stick it out? I wish that I hadn't because the way the series ended did not justify the torture of watching those first few episodes.
    Not in the end. I watched an Hionest Trailers or something for it and saw it was all going to degenerate into Marvel's patented Sky Beams and lasers and shit and figured I'd be best quitting early.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

  5. #15
    like a hole in the head Toyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Not in the end. I watched an Hionest Trailers or something for it and saw it was all going to degenerate into Marvel's patented Sky Beams and lasers and shit and figured I'd be best quitting early.
    Wise decision. The sitcom parody stuff, which makes up 80% of the series, would've been better suited for a 3 minute gag reel and the final confrontations were typical superhero laser battles, as you said. I honestly don't know who WandaVision was aimed at. People who go to comic book conventions and are tickled by mash-up cosplay, maybe.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

  6. #16
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    63,658
    There's an Agatha Harkness spin-off series in the works.

    https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/ka...us-1234669881/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •