Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WandaVision

The first episode of this might be the greatest endurance test on telly. A 35 minute faux 50s sitcom with canned laughter and sub Bewitched level wit. As much as I hated it after getting to the end I felt like I had earnt whatever plot progression this thing had so I put the next on. The second starts the same but at about 30 minutes in something happens that makes it look like there's more going on here and by the end of the episode we're back in colour and widescreen.

Still no idea if this going to be watchable. Painful so far but I feel like I might miss something good if I give up. I'm no fan of Marvel and no fan of Disney so I'm guessing its not for me but I do at least need to see the next couple episodes to see where this show is finally going to settle.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Interesting article on how the finale was originally intended to play out.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/wandavi...octor-strange/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Still no idea if this going to be watchable. Painful so far but I feel like I might miss something good if I give up. I'm no fan of Marvel and no fan of Disney so I'm guessing its not for me but I do at least need to see the next couple episodes to see where this show is finally going to settle.
    Did you stick it out? I wish that I hadn't because the way the series ended did not justify the torture of watching those first few episodes.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyboy View Post
    Did you stick it out? I wish that I hadn't because the way the series ended did not justify the torture of watching those first few episodes.
    Not in the end. I watched an Hionest Trailers or something for it and saw it was all going to degenerate into Marvel's patented Sky Beams and lasers and shit and figured I'd be best quitting early.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Not in the end. I watched an Hionest Trailers or something for it and saw it was all going to degenerate into Marvel's patented Sky Beams and lasers and shit and figured I'd be best quitting early.
    Wise decision. The sitcom parody stuff, which makes up 80% of the series, would've been better suited for a 3 minute gag reel and the final confrontations were typical superhero laser battles, as you said. I honestly don't know who WandaVision was aimed at. People who go to comic book conventions and are tickled by mash-up cosplay, maybe.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

There's an Agatha Harkness spin-off series in the works.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/ka...us-1234669881/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!