Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Untitled Meatball Machine Project (Yoshihiro Nishimura, 2016)

Untitled Meatball Machine Project (Yoshihiro Nishimura, 2016)

Nishimura will begin filming new "action splatter" film, which is a follow-up to Meatball Machine (Yudai Yamaguchi, 2005), in February. Auditions for heroine (who must be/look like in her 20s, and be willing to show her boobs, it says) are held in a few weeks. The script is written by Sakichi Sato (the writer of Ichi the Killer and Gozu, as well as the director of Zero Man vs. The Half-Virgin).

- https://twitter.com/ni4yo4/status/671164132914159616
    - http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/ni4yo4/imgs/8/5/8552fa06.jpg

It also turns out Nishimura is working on the new Toho Godzilla film for the special effects... which is not surprising since he worked with Shinji Higuchi on Attack in Titan as well, but it's still a bit amusing if you know what I mean.

Just a quick update (from last month) that filming has been completed and Nishimura is editing the film.

- https://twitter.com/ni4yo4/status/741199519438671872

I dont remember much about the first one...exceot that it seemed like an FX audition reel and became kind of monotonous version of TETSUO...but then again I was maybe becoming bored with these types of movies by then....

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    I dont remember much about the first one...exceot that it seemed like an FX audition reel and became kind of monotonous version of TETSUO...but then again I was maybe becoming bored with these types of movies by then....
    I rememeber I was positively surprised about it having better characters than usual. It wasn't really a great movie overall, but not bad either.

I had the US dvd at some point, then I upgraded to the R2J which has all the extras, e.g. the Nishimura spin off short.

The film has a twitter account now
    https://twitter.com/kodoku_mb_movie

The title is Kodoku Meatball Machine.

Set for 2017 release.

I thought the 2005 film sucked balls, but with Nishimura directing this one, it'll most likely be awesome.

Trailer:

I do not dare to have my hopes up very high, but will I watch it? Of course!

I love Nishimura, but truth be told he doesn't age like wine. He did his most exciting stuff in the 80s and 90s.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have fun with this. Some pretty cool practical effects work on display in the trailer (and somehow the CGI doesn't bother me as much as usual, so far)

And man, you gotta give credit to this shot alone!

And it does look bloody for sure
    Last edited by Takuma; 12-07-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takuma View Post
    I love Nishimura, but truth be told he doesn't age like wine. He did his most exciting stuff in the 80s and 90s.
    I didn't know he was making movies back then. Do you have any recommendations and what's available in North America?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I didn't know he was making movies back then. Do you have any recommendations and what's available in North America?
    None are available on DVD (anywhere) unfortunately. My favourite Nishimura film (Anatomia Extinction, 1995) should be floating around the internet as screener copy, though. I really wish it would get an official dvd release: it's as good as Shinya Tsukamoto's cyberpunk films.

The 80s stuff you're out of luck: I saw them via (Nishimura's own) 8mm film prints. Any kind of official releases are unlikely to ever happen due to music copyrights and other reasons.

More info here:
    http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...80s-amp-1990s)