Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: General Comicbook Talk, Reviews, etc.

A few birthday gifts from the missus arrived yesterday.

The Life And Death Of Fritz The Cat HC
    The Book Of Genesis Illustrated by R. Crumb HC
    Last Gasp Zero (Corben's last published story is in this)

Crumbs work clicks with me now when it didn't necessarily do that when I was younger. I'm really looking forward to diving into Genesis asap, the art looks fantastic and he appears to play it completely straight. I'm always fascinated by artistic interpretations of religious works so this'll probably be right up my alley (speaking of, you all should read Jason Aaron's The Goddamned if you haven't already, it's a masterpiece and the art is amazing).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Apocalypse 5000 One Shot - Ian's pick of the week! From Floating World Comics, this reprints some of the back up stories from Ken Landgraf's New York City Outlaws Everyone should buy a copy so FWC keeps giving us more stuff like this.

I found one of these in the wild today...

Name:  Apocalypse 5,000 resize.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  107.9 KB

...so, un mas vendido.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: REBORN
    Written by Ed Brubaker, Art by Bryan Hitch and Butch Guice
    Thanks for the lowdown on these. Cap is one of my all time faves, but there's so much crap out there, i've been afraid to buy anything modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I really like Dale Eaglesham's art! He did the Justice Society of America series that Geoff Johns wrote. Started in 2007 and ran until '11 or so. Alex Ross did the covers. It's probably a bit different from Cap but it's kind of the series that wrecked me in a similar way on mainstream superhero stuff. It's just as much about family and legacy as it is fights and action. Very flawed, human characters and it packs an emotional punch at times that's very rarely duplicated in anything else.
    This is good to know too. When it comes to DC, i dig Hawkman and JSA stuff most of all, so, wishlisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
    I found one of these in the wild today...

Name:  Apocalypse 5,000 resize.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  107.9 KB

...so, un mas vendido.
    Ha! What's you think?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!