Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently reading...

Currently reading...

The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band

This is my second read of this book. For some reason I almost always have to read a book twice to have it soak in. This book is amazing.

I'm about 2/3's of the way through Mean Deviation. It's good stuff.
    Name:  517hPKRz13L._SS500_.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  45.3 KB

I'm still finishing off "If They Move....Kill 'Em!" the biography of Sam Peckinpah. In between that, I also just finished Two-Bear Mambo by Joe R. Lansdale, and i'm also reading Lansdale's "the Complete Drive-In"

I love that Motley Crue book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I'm still finishing off "If They Move....Kill 'Em!" the biography of Sam Peckinpah.
    I love that book

At the moment, I'm re-reading issue #25 of Ugly Things from a few years ago

Last night, I started Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States. I only read in the bathroom, so I'll probably be on this for a year or so. However, he wastes no time in getting to the troublesome past of the American continent. A lot of atrocities are glossed over in school textbooks, and it's a shame. Though, maybe if I got Columbus Day off, I'd be ok with his genocide. haha

Finished Mean Deviation, moving on to Mike Howlett's The Weird World Of Eerie Comics.

I like hardcovers.

I have to admit that most of the reading that i do these days is on the can, so i don't get a lot done. It's a shame, i used to have so much time to read....

I've been reading through that Coney Island book from the wedding - it's well-suited to that.

I'm in the middle of "The Horror, The Horror... Comics the Government Didn't Want You To Read". Some of it is pretty heavy handed (finding hidden meanings and intentions where there really weren't any) but there are plenty of pre-code horror story reprints (frustratingly, only partials in a few cases) and a slew of great covers. The book comes with a DVD of a TV show from 1955 about evil horror comics and how they destroy kids' minds... it's worth the price of the book!

Confessions of a Conjuror by Derren Brown and just thumbing through a big book on home brewing your own alcoholic drinks, which I got for Christmas...

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"