+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently reading...

SIXTIES SHOCKERS by Mark Clark and Bryan Senn.

Haunted Gettysburg - Eye Witness Accounts Of The Supernatural
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Lost in the Funhouse: The Life and Mind of Andy Kaufman

The Story of Anvil

Just finished Who is Conrad Hirst? by Kevin Wignall. It's the first time I've read anything like this, so I'm not sure how it stacks up (it was compared to the Bourne books and early leCarre). I enjoyed it, but while I was fine with the twist (it was kinda obvious) the way it's revealed was a little ridiculous.

Gonna either read Hemingway's The Son Also Rises or Vollman's The Royal Family now.

Quote Originally Posted by vikar View Post
    Just finished Who is Conrad Hirst? by Kevin Wignall. It's the first time I've read anything like this, so I'm not sure how it stacks up (it was compared to the Bourne books and early leCarre). I enjoyed it, but while I was fine with the twist (it was kinda obvious) the way it's revealed was a little ridiculous.

Gonna either read Hemingway's The Son Also Rises or Vollman's The Royal Family now.
    I read The Sun Also Rises last year - maybe the year before - and thoroughly recommend it.

As for me, having recently read and loved The Body Artist, I'm working my way through Delillo's Cosmopolis.

FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE by Higgins.

Just started Death on Credit by Celine, but 30-odd pages in . . . I'm not convinced I'm going to get through the full 500 (or whatever it is).

The Wild World Of The Cramps by Ian Johnston
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Finished Delillo's Point Omega today, which I enjoyed albeit somewhat less than The Body Artist and Cosmopolis, and started Christopher Isherwood's Mr Norris Changes Trains.

+ Reply to Thread