Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jordan View Post
    I'm reading Mike Howlett's book. What a sweet thing that is.
    I got an email from Amazon today telling me that I might be interested in this book. I promptly emailed them and told them to fuck off.

"You don't know me, motherfuckers!"

Good move!! Fucking Amazon... trying to get into our heads! Fuck them!!!!!

Hey....

I received an iPod Touch for Christmas, this past year and I've been buying books using the free Kindle app. Right now I'm reading, The Stand...probably my favorite novel from Stephen King as well as William Castle's, Step Right Up!....I'm Gonna Scare the Pants off America.

I bought my first book in what seems like forever recently: Marcus Hearn's The Hammer Story. Had a skim through it last week, and it looks like a great read...but some selfish bastards keep bugging me to work on a review blog so I haven't got near it yet. Maybe on the weekend...

After making it to 46 without ever reading a western novel I've just knocked off The Searchers and True Grit. Both were marvelous. Kinda weird that I waited so long, I love western films but there you go. I'm definitely up for more, wonder if there's a good guide to western fiction? I think I'm more interested in older stuff...I know at some point I need to give Louis L'amour a go - I believe he wrote one or two.

I read True Grit a few years back and really enjoyed it. And yeah, I've heard of that L'amour guy.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

True Grit is a book I'd recommend to anyone, you don't have to be a western fan to enjoy it. There are some very funny bits in it. It's got a timeless quality too, I could tell I would have dug it as a teen. I will be checking out some more Portis in the future.

I just got the MARVEL MASTERWORKS TALES OF SUSPENSE 3... lotsa Kirby/ Ayers big monster mayhem.

L'Amour's stuff's decent, the Sackett stories holding up the best, I'd say. He's neck-and-neck w/ Zane Grey, tho'.
    It's not going to suck itself...

Thanks for the input, any particular titles from Grey? Another name I'm familiar with, and another that has a daunting number of titles to browse. I'll try a Sackett when I get to L'amour. I picked a hell of a time to get interested in westerns, the sections at BAM and B&N are tiny these days after being huge forever. I need to hit up the used bookstore here.