Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently reading...

Just finished up Shadow Cats: The True Story of NYC's Animal Underground which is pretty interesting if occasionally flaky (a cat psychic?) and am about to start The Stooges - The Illustrated Authorized Story.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The Paris Review summer issue has interviews with Samuel R. Delany & William Gibson. The Gibson one's a little more giving, but Delany's in good form, too. Goofy photos.

Will Eisner: A Dreamer's Life In Comics

It's a fantastic, fast-paced bio on The Spirit creater and his rather interesting work in the early days of comics, some funny Jack Kirby stories as well
    "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Just finished up Shadow Cats: The True Story of NYC's Animal Underground which is pretty interesting if occasionally flaky (a cat psychic?)
    Does the crazy guy you work with belong to that group? Seems like something he'd support.

Not so far as I can tell, sadly.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Violence Girl by Alice Bag. Moderately interesting so far and hey, neat, some cool pictures of late 70s and early 80s LA punk culture.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

VANILLA RIDE by Joe Lansdale. Hap and Leonard pretty much back in form, although it does contain this:

...we discovered that the two thugs were indeed napping by the Ford. While they were napping some red stuff had run out of them and onto the ground and had been mixed up and thinned by the rain so that it looked like spilled strawberry Kool-Aid.

It also unnecessarily guest-stars (and name drops) a whole bunch of previous characters, like the Simpsons movie, so there's still some flab & pad to it, but mainly it's a straight-up run of bad decisions and bloody consequences. Ends on a nice downbeat, has me waiting for the next one.

They stop off to visit Robert E. Howard's house at one point:

... and then we had to go over and see the Robert E. Howard house because Leonard liked his Conan stories and wouldn't hear of passing it up. I tried to explain to him that we were in a hurry because we had to find and shoot someone, but he wasn't moved, so we did a tour there and then got back on the road.

In the car Leonard said, "I get killed, I know I've seen where one of my favorite authors lived and shot himself to death."

"You get killed, what you saw isn't going to matter."

"Good point," Leonard said.

I liked that, so I don't consider it padding. Much.

I need to get that.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Savage Sword of Conan Archives vol 4-I love this trades. Nothing like a huge trade full of great b/w artwork.

After Midnight by Richard Laymon-So far it has been decent. And not nearly as gory as the other Laymon stuff I have read.

Savage Sword of Conan Archives vol 4-I love this trades. Nothing like a huge trade full of great b/w artwork.

After Midnight by Richard Laymon-So far it has been decent. And not nearly as gory as the other Laymon stuff I have read.