Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
    VANILLA RIDE by Joe Lansdale. Hap and Leonard pretty much back in form, although it does contain this:

...we discovered that the two thugs were indeed napping by the Ford. While they were napping some red stuff had run out of them and onto the ground and had been mixed up and thinned by the rain so that it looked like spilled strawberry Kool-Aid.

It also unnecessarily guest-stars (and name drops) a whole bunch of previous characters, like the Simpsons movie, so there's still some flab & pad to it, but mainly it's a straight-up run of bad decisions and bloody consequences. Ends on a nice downbeat, has me waiting for the next one.

They stop off to visit Robert E. Howard's house at one point:

... and then we had to go over and see the Robert E. Howard house because Leonard liked his Conan stories and wouldn't hear of passing it up. I tried to explain to him that we were in a hurry because we had to find and shoot someone, but he wasn't moved, so we did a tour there and then got back on the road.

In the car Leonard said, "I get killed, I know I've seen where one of my favorite authors lived and shot himself to death."

"You get killed, what you saw isn't going to matter."

"Good point," Leonard said.

I liked that, so I don't consider it padding. Much.

VANILLA RIDE was my favourite Hap and Leonard by far. Great book.

Ian, how is that Stooges book?

Currently reading BRONSON, about the English nutjob inmate who can't seem to stop getting in trouble.

On the East Coast in the South as close to the beach as I can get. :)
    Currently reading "First They Killed My Father" - a harrowing sotry of a family trapped under the regime of Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge Army.

Just finished one on Andre The Giant (yes FINAALY someone has put one out- though it is not chock full if info- 25% stories, 75% rundowns of his matches and interviews).

The 33 1/3 book on Television's Marquee Moon. After that I've got their books on on BS's Master of Reality and Wire's Pink Flag.

I am reading a new thing now a days.Actually i am reading a book on multiple personality disorder.I like to read on this topics.You will be surprised to read that how a parson can be manic due to this disease.
    Looking for franchise
    Last edited by Steve Marshal; 09-24-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Been going through my collection of Valiant comics and reading various issues. Just read the entire run of Armorines Volume 1. And while most of the issues can be read in like 3 minutes it was a fun series. Gonna start reading Ninjak next.

I read this while I made chili last night. It's written like a high school paper. There's lots of fluff and incorrect information. Sometimes she cites the Dungeon Master's Guide and sometimes the Dungeon Master's Handbook. Oh, and Brass Dragons aren't evil. Anyway, it's great to see how warped my mind is getting because of D&D. I should sell my books while there's still time to save my soul.
    The book lists other books available from Sunburst Press. I ordered The Truth About The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Halloween and Satanism, and Dinosaurs: The Bible, Barney, and Beyond. I'll probably end up getting their two Turmoil in the Toybox books, too.

Please tell us what the truth about Ninja Turtles is once you find out.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I will. I got the title wrong, though. It's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES EXPOSED.

I have a feeling that this is a slippery slope. I wanna read about all these wackball theories.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wonder what the asterisk points to. I'll answer that question first!