Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Currently reading BRONSON, about the English nutjob inmate who can't seem to stop getting in trouble.
    How is BRONSON? I saw the film and really enjoyed it, I also ordered his SOLITARY FITNESS book, it's chockfull of good advice plus chapters and tightening your anal muscles and penis strength.....
    "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Crystal Lake Memories

Got it from the library and in 2 days have made it about 3/4ths of the way thru the book.

Just made it through BLOOD'S A ROVER, James Ellroy's trip through the dying of the sixties. It's a document of some kind alright, but it's a mess. All the lean meat is gone from him, I think he gnawed it off himself over the last few books, leaving nothing but bone after bone after bone. I wish an editor would kill him long enough to make him stand still and shut up for a minute, throw out half the carcass, and string together the good pieces, 'cause there's a fine dancing skeleton in there somewhere.

SPOILER:
    Not one, but two main characters get machete-hacked to death by zombies in Haiti. What are the odds of that?
    Last edited by Barry M; 10-07-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spoiler hiding

Finished off Crystal Lake Memories. And if you are a fan of the Jason films it is a great read.

Fit forever by Dolph Lundgren. I feel that by reading this, I am actively becoming a healthier person. Name:  9789173630399_large_fit-forever-traning-som-livsstil.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  15.9 KB
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

I feel better just seeing the cover.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Just finished "Watch You Bleed" by Stephen Davis and Slash's autobiography, it's funny because Slash mentions in his book that he's only ever read 2 rock'n'roll books and hated both of them...one was "Hammer Of The Gods" by Stephen Davis. I really can't stand Davis' english major style or writing where he throws in 5 dollars words where a buck fifty word would work perfectly fine, he also seems to have a thing for focusing on the seedier aspects. Slash's book is a nice, cool read that just makes you like Slash even more after finishing it. I'm about to start "My Appetite For Destruction" by Steven Adler and "It's So Easy" by Duff McKagan, I like reading all these books on the same subject at the same time to get so many different viewpoints on things
    "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

I kinda did the same thing. Finished the Pictorial History of the Stooges and am now going through Head-On, which tells the same story with more of a focus on the Ashetons than on Iggy.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I read my Shazam Little golden book last night.

Excellent.

I'm reading THE DEAD by Charlie Higson (KING OF THE ANTS). Finished THE ENEMY, went out and bought this 5 minutes later. They're zombie books for kids; absolutely excellent. Everybody over the age of 14 one day became a diseased shambling cannibalistic zombie; they eats their children. The first one is slightly better in that it has a really strong ogre sequence, and a nice Sam in the orc tower episode, but this is pretty fine, too. I'm telling myself I'm checking them out for my kid to see if I can get him hooked, but really, they're just fun.