Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murder in a Blue World & Cries and Shadows Coming From Cauldron Films

Murder in a Blue World & Cries and Shadows Coming From Cauldron Films

No real details yet but they did say this on twitter....

"Both are 2K restorations from the negatives! Please note these titles were revealed on a Cauldron promo postcard. -These are not necessarily our next releases and we are not announcing a date at this time. All details will be revealed later this year!"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Cries and Shadows = The Return of the Exorcist?

Yessir!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Excellent news. Both of these deserve good home video releases. Hopefully both releases will feature 'integral' cuts of the respective films.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I have Full Moon's shitty tape sourced DVD of Cries and Shadows as The Possessor, definitely in need of rescuing. As for other Italian Exorcist rip offs, Ring of Darkness needs a legitimate release but probably won't get one due to the rather dodgy shots of an underage Lara Wendel.

I used to have a UK VHS or Murder but I can't recall much about it other than there was a bit of a Clockwork Orange thing going on.
    Last edited by agent999; 07-21-2021 at 12:12 AM.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    As for other Italian Exorcist rip offs, Ring of Darkness needs a legitimate release but probably won't get one due to the rather dodgy shots of an underage Lara Wendel.
    Yeah, I can't see that happening but it's definitely one that would be nice to see get an upgrade. I have an ancient copy from European Trash Cinema that I'd love to toss. Not a great film but interesting enough. The Stelvio Cipriani soundtrack is awesome, performed by the Goblin guys!
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

I used to have a UK VHS or Murder but I can't recall much about it other than there was a bit of a Clockwork Orange thing going on.
    Just a smidgen

I had no idea Full Moon had released CRIES AND SHADOWS on DVD, tbh. I've got two or three different VHS rips on hard drives somewhere. Each slightly different in content, IIRC.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

It is aka CLOCKWORK TERROR.
    VHS will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    I had no idea Full Moon had released CRIES AND SHADOWS on DVD, tbh. I've got two or three different VHS rips on hard drives somewhere. Each slightly different in content, IIRC.
    Since you already have the copies it wouldn't matter, Paul, but I just wanted to point out that the Full Moon version is on Tubi TV (or at least it was last time I checked).
    VHS will never die!

Pagan Films in the UK issued "Murder in a Blue World" on DVD some time ago .