Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooray, Black Sabbath are getting back together! Oh wait, no they're not. Huh?

I walk by a Greek club every day, Demosthenes Democratic Club. Inside, there are lots of old Greek guys smoking cigarettes, playing cards, and drinking coffee. The past two days, I've seen a slightly younger guy hanging around. He looks just like Tony Iommi. Tomorrow, I'll tell him to fight for Bill Ward.

Maybe that guy is Richard Iommi?

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Maybe! I'll drink some Metaxa with him and see if the truth comes out.

Does this really surprise anyone? I saw them on the first real reunion tour for the "Reunion" CD and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. And Ward sounded, and looked great. I'm fine with that memory. This BLACK SABBATH "tour" is 3 shows (I'm not counting all those vomitous "Ozzy and his tools" shows) on 2 continents - who cares?

What actually sucks is how this affects the new album. Ward was always the secret sauce that made the original SABBATH interesting. So now we can expect a generic metal CD that sounds like Ozzy's solo crap. Wow - book me NOT interested.

Bill Ward does surprisingly interesting and excellent solo albums. He's had one in the can for a few years called "Beyond Aston" - he needs to put that out. Iommi needs to fully recover from his cancer and go back to solo projects with great people like Glenn Hughes and Ian Gillan. Geezer can go back to GZR or play with Iommi. And Ozzy can keep on dishing out his sub-par metalcore pro-tooled vocal crapola.

But for God's sake let the SABBATH legacy rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    Does this really surprise anyone? I saw them on the first real reunion tour for the "Reunion" CD and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. And Ward sounded, and looked great. I'm fine with that memory. This BLACK SABBATH "tour" is 3 shows (I'm not counting all those vomitous "Ozzy and his tools" shows) on 2 continents - who cares?

What actually sucks is how this affects the new album. Ward was always the secret sauce that made the original SABBATH interesting. So now we can expect a generic metal CD that sounds like Ozzy's solo crap. Wow - book me NOT interested.

Bill Ward does surprisingly interesting and excellent solo albums. He's had one in the can for a few years called "Beyond Aston" - he needs to put that out. Iommi needs to fully recover from his cancer and go back to solo projects with great people like Glenn Hughes and Ian Gillan. Geezer can go back to GZR or play with Iommi. And Ozzy can keep on dishing out his sub-par metalcore pro-tooled vocal crapola.

But for God's sake let the SABBATH legacy rest in peace.
    So you're a fan of Ozzy's solo work?

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    Ward One > When the Bough Breaks

However, I'll take Straws (single) over any other Bill Ward any day.

So now Bill Ward has been removed from the pictures on the official Black Sabbath website?

INSANE!

Fuck those guys.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's the dumbest shit ever.

"At the request of [original BLACK SABBATH drummer] Bill Ward, through his attorney, so as to not give the public the wrong impression about his involvement in the current BLACK SABBATH lineup, we have temporarily removed Bill Ward's images from the main pages of the BlackSabbath.com official website. In accordance with Bill Ward's attorney's request, we are doing so for the duration of the forthcoming shows."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/...sitemID=174228

Oh. Well, I guess it's okay, then. Bill had said that there was some confusion over whether or not he was playing, i guess this will clear it up.