Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooray, Black Sabbath are getting back together! Oh wait, no they're not. Huh?

Was wondering what you thought, Roderick.

Triple review from one of my favorite metal blogs just posted.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Hooray, Black Sabbath are getting back together! Oh wait, no they're not. Huh?

I've spent a couple of days with it and really like it. Rubin captured that fantastic Iommi guitar tone from the "Vol. 4" days. I also love the fact that this is a really doomy collection of dirges for the most part. Even when it gets peppier like "Loner" it lopes along like classic 70's hard rock - not modern metal.

The real surprise is how fantastic Geezer sounds. His bass tone rumbles like an unchained beast - I don't think he's ever been recorded better. And Ozzy sounds fine. Stripped of all that shitty processing his vocals have been subjected to for 20 odd years he's a bit more of the Oz of old - the dude with the weird but distinctive moan. The fact that he was never Dio or Halford helps. He never had much range to start with so there wasn't too far to fall.

And Wilk is good. He's no Ward, but he's been given a nice organic drum sound and he plays well. Iommi was a fool for not taking Rubin's original idea though - Ginger Baker would have been phenomenal on this record and given SABBATH some of that fucked up jazz/blues feel from stuff on the 1st album like "Warning".

Couldn't have put it any better. Although personally I wasn't aware of the Ginger baker fact.

Huh. I didn't see this coming.

BLACK SABBATH CHOOSE ANDREW W.K. AS THE EXCLUSIVE OPENING ACT FOR THEIR 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR!

Black Sabbath have personally invited Andrew W.K. to join them for their entire North American tour, asking him to kick-off every show as their exclusive opening act. Per their request, the King of Partying will perform a special DJ set every night before the definitive heavy metal band takes the stage. Andrew promises to spin a rabble-rousing selection of classic riffs, heavy jams, and crowd pleasing favorites spanning every era of hard rock and metal.

As the anticipation builds for Sabbath's show, fans can count on Andrew to crank up the excitement even higher with his signature style and party energy. He's been asked to prime the atmosphere before the metal masters take the stage, and he will do everything he can to deliver the goods.

Speaking on being chosen for such a prestigious bill, W.K. said:

"I’m just shocked. It’s just the most incredible dream come true! This is the greatest honor I could be given. I remember when the phone rang and I first heard that Black Sabbath wanted me to be their exclusive opening act. I was really in a state of disbelief – almost sick with amazement and excitement. It took about 3 days until I fully mastered the reality of this opportunity and realized it was really going to happen. Black Sabbath’s music changed my life from the first time I heard it, and this tour will change my life all over again. I couldn’t be more thankful or humbled by this one-in-a-billion miracle. Can this really be real!? What kind of adventure will this be!?"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news...cord-new-album

Looks like they're going to do one more album, next year. I have to admit that while I initially liked 13 quite a bit, it fell off my radar fast and I never play it now. I wish they would work with somebody else besides Rubin.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Very good news to come home too on a Monday. Black Sabbath are my favorite band so needless to say I'm so down for a new album. Played the hell out of 13 when it came out. Listened to it again recently and it holds up fine for me.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Cold Heaven (Nicolas Roeg, 1991)

Geezer Butler arrested after bar fight!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...abbaths_2.html
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Still no Bill Ward...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!