Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of news on THE FARMER (1977)

A bit of news on THE FARMER (1977)

On the a recent episode of the the Pure Cinema podcast (Summer Discoveries) the hosts reported that they had received a flash drive copy (sent by an anonymous source named "Shirley Temple") of David Berlatsky's long-lost revenge film THE FARMER from 1977 starring Gary Conway and Angel Tompkins. They also said that other folks has gotten it too.

They did a fairly in-depth review and I'm hoping that now this might escape out into the wild and maybe show up "there" at some point. I've been hankering to see this for years and with each passing year its physical release via Code Red seems more and more doubtful.

If Code Red were smart, they'd get a release out before this winds up 'there' as you say.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Has anyone actually seen it? At this point, I'd imagine there's no way that the actual film won't be disappointing.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    If Code Red were smart...
    banana man is as smart as a bag of hammers... so I guess the farmer will premiere on youtube soon.

edit: I wonder if the dark force wrestler put the flash drives in the mail!
    Last edited by killer must kill again; 07-22-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by killer must kill again View Post
    banana man is as smart as a bag of hammers... so I guess the farmer will premiere on youtube soon.
    I know, all he does at BR.com is whine about how all of his releases are poor sellers..... and then announces bullshit like PUFNSTUF, C.H.O.M.P.S. and MASS APPEAL. I'm sure sales on those titles will be through the roof!
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Well, if he just sits on it, it deserves to get bootlegged to fuck. That would only make him happier, reinforcing his victim routine.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

I really don’t understand why Bill didn’t just sell the business to someone with some business sense if he hates it so much. He’s just a miserable old prick who deserves failure for the way he treats his product and his customers.

He already spent too much money on THE FARMER to ever try and make anything back. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. I swear to goodness, since the earliest days, Bill has always made cock-eyed decisions. And he regularly listens to, and reacts to trolls, rather than ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
    He already spent too much money on THE FARMER to ever try and make anything back. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. I swear to goodness, since the earliest days, Bill has always made cock-eyed decisions. And he regularly listens to, and reacts to trolls, rather than ignore them.
    He may be in a situation where he’s eating a loss no matter what, but why not make what he can to reduce the loss by, as radical of an idea as it may be, actually releasing the movie since he paid for the rights already?

A problem he would have is that he claims to have written it off on his taxes. If true, and you can never believe things he says, he would have to pay back what he claimed and most of his expenses would not be allowed until the government recovers that claim.