Thread: Severin Releasing An Angel For Satan

Severin Releasing An Angel For Satan

In the final film of her Italian Gothic period, the legendary Barbara Steele (BLACK SUNDAY) stars in one of the most startling erotic shockers of her entire career: When a cursed statue is recovered from a villa’s lake, a young heiress (Steele) will inflict a torrent of depraved seduction and homicidal madness on the local village. Anthony Steffen (THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE), Claudio Gora (DANGER: DIABOLIK) and Marina Berti (NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS) co-star in “a EuroHorror classic featuring Steele in all her mid-‘60s glory” (DVD Drive-In), co-written and directed by Camillo Mastrocinque (CRYPT OF THE VAMPIRE) and scanned in 2K from the original negative – with both the Italian and thought-lost English tracks – recently discovered in a Rome vault.

AN ANGEL FOR SATAN Special Features:

•Audio Commentary With Actress Barbara Steele And Horror Film Historian David Del Valle
    •Audio Commentary With Kat Ellinger, Author Of "Daughters Of Darkness"
    •The Devil Statue — Interview With Actor Vassili Karis
    •Barbara & Her Furs — 1967 Short Film By Pierre Andro Based On “Venus In Furs” Starring Barbara Steele With Optional Partial Commentary By Steele
    •Trailer
    •Extended Trailer

Feature Specs for AN ANGEL FOR SATAN:

•Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
    •Audio: English Mono, Italian Mono with English Subtitles
    •Closed Captions: English SDH
    •Region: A

Name:  afs.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  81.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I can't believe I overlooked this post. I think it's tremendous news. It's the only one of Steele's films I could never find in English or even subtitled. And Severin will have it both ways. Amazing. Definitely looking forward to the release...
    VHS will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    I can't believe I overlooked this post. I think it's tremendous news. It's the only one of Steele's films I could never find in English or even subtitled. And Severin will have it both ways. Amazing. Definitely looking forward to the release...
    It was released on DVD on one of those shady labels. A double feature with LONG HAIR OF DEATH. ANGEL is subtitled. I thought it was quite good, maybe not among the best of Steele's Italian gothic films but still well worth your time.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

I think that DVD may have been one of Johnny Legend's ventures. I never did pick that up, but i have the one with CONSPIRACY OF TORTURE/WHIP AND THE BODY. I only have an unsubbed Italian DVD for this one, will definitely be getting the new release. Pretty amazing they found the English dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
    I think that DVD may have been one of Johnny Legend's ventures. I never did pick that up, but i have the one with CONSPIRACY OF TORTURE/WHIP AND THE BODY. I only have an unsubbed Italian DVD for this one, will definitely be getting the new release. Pretty amazing they found the English dub.
    I was trying to remember if it was Legend's label, I think you're right, it was. I actually already had the film on a dvd-r, fansubbed and most likely sourced from that Italian DVD. It actually looked better than Legend's disc, haha.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Of course I just bought this from Sinister Cinema in early July on a drive in disc with The Trygon Factor. It will do.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

It's now up for pre-order, with a street date (or whatever it's called) of October 26:

https://www.amazon.com/Angel-Satan-B...v%2C226&sr=1-1
    VHS will never die!