Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about Ghost Shows?

The whole 'held down by an unseen force thing' would mess me up good. I can deal with noises and wind and creaks and stuff, but I dunno about that.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's a recurring dream of mine. The only time it ever really happened was at your apartment.

I watched a few episodes of Ghost Hunters last night, the most interesting one to me was the one where they went to Norwich State Mental Hospital in CT. I've got a weird fascination with abandoned hospitals but also a reasonably healthy fear or getting arrested for trespassing so I kinda geeked out a little bit when they got to go in with cameras. They got some neat EVP stuff but not much in the way of footage.

Some neat youtube videos of the location:

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Last night I watched a few more episodes. The first was in Alcatraz, which was rad just for that very fact alone. The second was in Fort somethingorother and it was also a neat location.

Then they went to NYC and did an investigation at Paddy O'Reilly's, a pub on 29th St. Some dude there said a ghost that looked like Gene Hackman was floating outside the window and that an old lady ghost liked to use the exercise bike upstairs. TAPS didn't find anything there, not so surprisingly, but I now know of somewhere I can go for a beer one day.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Alcatraz is awesome. I'd go back there to roam around if I had the chance. I should scan my pics and post them sometime.

Yes you should. I've never been there but always wanted to.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I also watched a few episodes of Ghost Adventures over the weekend. At first I hated this show but now I love it. It's pretty hilarious watching the guys antagonize the ghosts and they don't seem to take themselves quite as seriously as some of the other ghost show dudes too. The episode in Eastern State Penitentiary is cool and in one of the asylum's they investigate they catch some weird stuff on video that actually kinda creeped me out.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Whatever they captured on film is fake. Just like the fat weather man who had a grip throwing snow on him during a snow storm to make it look worse.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I can't say for sure and neither can you. I approach this stuff as entertainment anyway, not reality. I think these shows are fun but more of them are pretty tough to take too seriously.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

You asked "what do you think about ghost shows" and I'm telling you what I think of them. Real or not, they suck. I do love to read about ghosts though and I love creepy places.

What did you see that creeped you out in that last episode?