Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about Ghost Shows?

The March 9th episode of Ghost Adventures takes them to Portland's Shanghai Tunnels.

RAD.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Dumb rad.

I started watching the new Ghost Hunters International set this week. I guess it's interesting and different from the original series in that it goes to Europe where a different explores much larger, older locations compared to the US locations that get explored. One episode that really stuck out was the one where the team goes here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houska_Castle

This place is pretty bizarre. It's an old Czech castle in the middle of nowhere with a very strange history:

"Houska castle, and most specifically the chapel, has been constructed over a large hole in the ground that is supposedly 'The Gateway to Hell', which was said to be so deep no one could see the bottom of it. Half-animal-half-man creatures were reported to have crawled out of it, and dark winged creatures flew in its vicinity. Legend has it that when construction began in the castle, all the inmates that were sentenced to death were offered a pardon if they consented to be lowered by rope into the hole, and report back on what they saw. When the first person was lowered, he began screaming after a few seconds, and when pulled back to the surface he looked as if he had aged 30 years in just a few seconds. He had grown wrinkles and his hair had turned white, as old folklore tales state.
    Houska castle was built with no fortifications, no water, no kitchen, near no trade routes, and with no occupants at its time of completion. The castle was not built as a residence or as a protective sanctuary, but was instead built because the hole was thought to be a gateway to hell. Thus, by constructing the Gothic building, they were able to keep the demons trapped in the lower level thickest walls closest to the hole of the castle."

What the wikipedia entry doesn't mention but which the show does is that the place was also supposedly used by the SS during WWII for some of their odd occult experiments. There's some interesting discussion about that here and about the Nazi's attempts to find an entry to 'inner Earth.' All very strange and you have to take it all with a big grain of salt but stuff like this fascinates me so got sucked right in to that episode in particular.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The history part sounds really interesting. I'd much rather watch a docu on it instead of those fuckwits running around.

Right well there aren't any documentaries on most of this stuff so you take what you can get.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

TAPS was apparently exposed adn you can check out the "facts" on youtube somewhere. I tried to watch some Discovery Channel Most Haunted Hotels, and it was like the worst thing I've ever seen. They kept cutting to some shadowy stairway with a superimposed stern-looking old man whenever they talked about angry ghosts. Even my 12 year old daughter who usually freaks out at stuff like this, was bored out of her skull.

I wouldn't be surprised if all sorts of it was faked. That doesn't change my stance on this stuff though, I find it interesting. I look at it as entertainment, not reality. I do like that it sometimes clues me in to different weird aspects of history I might not have known about before, the Czech location I just mentioned being a perfect example. That place was awesome. I know about it now, I wouldn't have before I saw the episode.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Right well there aren't any documentaries on most of this stuff so you take what you can get.
    There's the new project you were looking for. Gay ghosts that don't exist in an un-haunted old dump. I have the rights to that title, but I'll sign it over to you.

What the fuck are you talking about?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Make a documentary about what I said. Duh. Do I have to explain everything? Why can't people read my thoughts?