Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Distribpix / Video-X-Pix Updates

Metzger/Hurst record “Pamela Mann’ commentary

Last week, in NYC, Distribpix’s in-house, adult film- historian, Benson Hurst, recorded a full length commentary with legendary director Radley Metzger, for his Henry Paris film, ‘The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann”. It was a very pleasant recording session…..very private, quiet and easy going. Benson and Radley discussed many aspects of the first of 5 films, shot by Radley Metzger in 1974, under the alias Henry Paris. The session was a full 83 minutes, the approximate length of the uncut feature.

Benson Hurst, the Brooklyn based adult film historian, will continue to work with the iconic Metzger to record full length commentaries for all of the Henry Paris films. All commentaries will be part of the re-mastered and uncut, Henry Paris films.

The first film “The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann”, will be released by Distribpix/Video-X-Pix in the Spring of 2011, more details will follow.

Click here to visit the official Distribpix blog

I am really, really looking forward to this.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Anyone interested should check out the comparison screen caps Steven just posted on his blog from the new HD restoration of Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann here and here. What a difference, it's like night and day.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

those screen caps look amazing, especially when shown in comparison. I'll be spending my dough on that one for sure.

For sure. I hope the other Metzger discs he's doing look just as nice.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I hope this one is successful enough for them sales wise to encourage them to do more. I think restoration of dirty movies is something that gets overlooked. There's a lot of great stuff out there that doesn't get paid attention to and should. More so than some of the mainstream or higher profile shit that gets said attention.

Agreed. There are a lot of established classics that just aren't getting the love they should. VXP is doing great work and After Hours does some cool stuff but that's about it. The other guys with the catalogue titles just shit them out onto disc from existing transfers and don't care and, case in point this year's AVN awards, the industry doesn't seem to either.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

But Aunt Peg's Fulfillment was an amazing transfer and chock full of all kinds of great extras, surely deserving of winning the award.

Seriously though, it's going to have to be those who love movies and that genre (like the two you mentioned) who are doing it for the collectors. Thank God for them at least. I just hope enough of us support them so they can continue.

So I had dinner with Steve last weekend and apparantly Pamella Mann is more or less done and coming in July, with more Metzger to follow fairly quickly after that.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

And a promo spot for Private Afternoons...

Rock! Shock! Pop!