Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What the world needs now is a Charles Bronson thread.

I think it was The Stone Killer I caught on TCM last summer & it wasn't what I expected. I did like it; seems like the climax is an all-out massacre. I'd like to see it again but not sure I need to own it. TCM will probably run it again, eventually.

Hard Times is cool & I have never heard of Breakout. Death Hunt is one of my favorites.

CB movies I prefer to catch on cable rather than owning. I've watched Death Wish 2 twice in the last month or so on a HD movie channel.

Coming from Eureka in May!

An action-packed mystery western based on the best-selling novel by Alistair MacLean ( The Guns of Navarone, Ice Station Zebra, Where Eagles Dare), Breakheart Pass throws open the throttle for runaway excitement!

At the height of the frontier era, a locomotive races through the Rocky Mountains on a classified mission to a remote Army post. But one by one, the passengers are being murdered. Their only hope is John Deakin ( Charles Bronson, Hard Times, The Magnificent Seven), a mysterious prisoner-in-transit who must fight for his life and the lives of everyone on the train as he uncovers a deadly secret that explodes in a torrent of shocking revelations, explosive brawls and blazing gun battles.

With a rousing score by Jerry Goldsmith and a powerful supporting cast that includes Ben Johnson ( The Last Picture Show), Richard Crenna ( First Blood) and Jill Ireland ( Hard Times), Eureka Classics is proud to present Breakheart Pass for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK in a special Dual Format edition.

DUAL FORMAT SPECIAL FEATURES

1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray, with a progressive encode on the DVD
    Uncompressed LPCM audio (on the Blu-ray)
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
    A new video interview with critic and author Kim Newman
    Original theatrical trailer

Name:  DXNiEjqWkAAzVyr.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  64.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    I think it was The Stone Killer I caught on TCM last summer & it wasn't what I expected. I did like it; seems like the climax is an all-out massacre. I'd like to see it again but not sure I need to own it. TCM will probably run it again, eventually.

Hard Times is cool & I have never heard of Breakout. Death Hunt is one of my favorites.

CB movies I prefer to catch on cable rather than owning. I've watched Death Wish 2 twice in the last month or so on a HD movie channel.
    Breakout is well worth watching. Bronson with Robert Duvall in the mid 70s...what else do you need? John Huston hamming it up? They've got that covered too.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

May 2018 from Umbrella.

Name:  dw34.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  dw45.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  97.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Indicator announced Breakout is coming 1/21/19.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...ts/breakout-le

Charles Bronson achieved superstar status in the 1970s with box-office successes such as The Mechanic, Mr. Majestyk, and Death Wish; and 1975’s Breakout was one of Bronson’s biggest hits.

Inspired by real events, this tense adventure thriller casts Bronson as a tough mercenary pilot hired to fly into Mexico on a rescue mission – only to discover the real plan is to break a wealthy convict from a notorious prison.

Co-starring his real-life wife Jill Ireland, along with Randy Quaid, John Huston and the ever-exceptional Robert Duvall, Breakout is a thrilling action-ride, all set to a terrific Jerry Goldsmith score.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

High Definition remaster
    Original mono audio
    Audio commentary with film historian Paul Talbot, author of Bronson's Loose! The Making of the ‘Death Wish’ Films and Bronson's Loose Again! On the Set with Charles Bronson
    Filming ‘Breakout’ (1974): an on-location report made for French television, featuring interviews with Charles Bronson and Emilio Fernández
    Super 8 version
    Theatrical trailer
    TV spots
    Radio spot
    Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
    New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
    Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Paul Talbot, an overview of contemporary critical responses, historic articles, and film credits
    UK premiere on Blu-ray
    Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
    All extras subject to change

Name:  108_BREAKOUT_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp_720x.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  59.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I bougth the German BD release of BREAKOUT not too long ago. I'm not a huge fan of the film but may double-dip for the extras.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

My junior high English teacher was an extra in Death Hunt and had a signed one-sheet in his classroom.

Rider In The Rain is coming from Kino in the new year.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Messenger Of Death is getting a German Mediabook release in March 2019 from Koch.

https://www.dvd-forum.at/news-detail...koch-mediabook

Name:  gesetzt-tod-cover.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  95.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Bronson had a number of other good westerns as well, Chato's Land was great, Jack Palance was good in it too. Another one is White Buffalo, a tale involving Wild Bill Hickok and Crazy Horse. Jack Warden is good too and Kim Novak, Slim Pickens and Will Sampson. You can't leave out The Magnificent 7 or Once Upon a Time in the West.
    Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate