Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: School me on IRON MAIDEN!

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I finally watched the video for WRITING ON THE WALL. I like the idea but the quality is cheap as hell. Similar idea to Sturgill Simpson's SOUND AND FURY but yikes, with a zero budget. Maiden should be able to afford better animation than this.
    Quoted for truth. I love Sturgill's stuff but had the same reaction, the animation is crappy there as it is here.

Decent enough song though. I can't imagine that Maiden is going to recapture their glory days ever again, but they still put out good records pretty consistently and that's not a bad thing.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Quoted for truth. I love Sturgill's stuff but had the same reaction, the animation is crappy there as it is here.
    I meant I really like the animation in SOUND & FURY and the one in the Maiden video is awful in comparison.

I agree, their consistency is one of their best attributes. I'm surprised they're still going strong.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

I thought the animation of the Maiden video looked cheap too, but I did like all the little old school references.

So this new album, despite being only a single disc is only 10 minutes shorter than Book of Souls. I have to admit, I was kinda hoping for something a little more trim and to the point. This one ends with 3 10 minute Harris epics, which could get tiresome. I'm still looking forward to checking it out though.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I thought the animation of the Maiden video looked cheap too, but I did like all the little old school references.

So this new album, despite being only a single disc is only 10 minutes shorter than Book of Souls. I have to admit, I was kinda hoping for something a little more trim and to the point. This one ends with 3 10 minute Harris epics, which could get tiresome. I'm still looking forward to checking it out though.
    I was on the fence but just gone down to £6.66(!) on amazon uk. Suspect it will just be for tonight as a final push to get to No. 1 in the charts tomorrow.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    I was on the fence but just gone down to £6.66(!) on amazon uk. Suspect it will just be for tonight as a final push to get to No. 1 in the charts tomorrow.
    Gotta get it that price, it's an omen! I still haven't heard the whole thing but the songs I have heard are, for the most part, pretty damn good. I'm hoping to find it locally this weekend. I don't like the production much though, just like the last few albums. Martin Birch (RIP) was a big part of their sound.
    Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 09-09-2021 at 06:07 PM.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.