Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Walking Dead Thread

New S3 promo spot!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The next batch of Greg Nicotero's webisodes are online here.

I'd imagine that like the rest of them they'll be included on the inevitable Blu-ray/DVD release of S3 when it's ready, but it's online now, so there you go.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Stuck with this series and it's starting to kick some ass. Those who wrote it off early may want to give it a second look.

Season 3 is fucking amazing so far. You haters are missing out big time. It blows the ever-loving fuck out of Romero's new trilogy.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

This isn't a comment on this show's merit or the fellow posters here, but I'm so sick of people in meatspace that have never seen a zombie movie besides the DAWN remake tell me how much I'll love this show.

Also having to deal with the same people tell me how excited they are about the new Bond that havn't seen any Bond movie before the Craig's.

Please just ignore me. I just had to vent somewhere. First world problem, this.

No need for ignoring you, I feel your pain.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This series should put an end to zombie feature films forever.

Why go to a theater to see a new zombie movie when it's television all the time?

As an aside, how did living dead movies become mis-labeled zombie movies? Was it the Italians who mis-used the word zombie originally?
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

When did zombie movies become more survival horror rather than gothic or spooky horror?

My point is that walking dead / living dead films are not zombie films. Somewhere along the way the terms became confused. A zombie is not a cannibal. The living dead, as postulated by Romero and hordes of imitators, is a cannibal. A zombie film is Caribbean Gothic and voodoo -- captured, hypnotized souls with no life signs as in White Zombie (1933), I Walked With a Zombie (1943), Plague of the Zombies (1966) and The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988). Whereas Romero's films and the AMC series are survival / apocalyptic horror. I think the Italian films started the confusion by mixing up two different concepts, "zombie" with "living dead."

In other words there are no zombies in either Dawn of the Dead nor AMC's Walking Dead.

Right?
    Last edited by Richard--W; 11-11-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

People are lazy...and unwilling to seperate the two....

Why use TWO different words when one will cover everything!!

They could have..THE RUNNING DEAD, THE SHUFFLING DEAD, THE AMBLING DEAD....THE JOGGING DEAD...

Surprised nobody made THE DANCING DEAD yet though!!