Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Trailer Comp Thread

The Great Trailer Comp Thread

Well it's not great yet because this is the first post but I've been plowing through a lot of trailer compilations lately and figured there should be some discussion about them.

Recently I went through this set, three discs: 1 & 2 are full of trailers, 3 is full of mp3s and advertising art.

It's a pretty rad set. The 1st disc has a bunch of bad, low budget fake trailers on it that tie into the book that inspired this I guess but they didn't do it for me. The rest of the 1st disc is pretty much all general exploitation films, available with or without commentary. There's also a cool section dedicated to vintage AI trailers (since Alternative Cinema has put out a bunch of those release, it makes sense). The second disc is more horror. A pretty great selection all in all, hours and hours of material here. I got it for $6.00 and it was a bargain at twice the price.

The full run down:

Treasure of the 4 crowns/Vice Squad/Cornbread Earl & Me/Black Samurai/Grimm's Fairytales/Dynamite Brothers/Flesh Gordon/Conquest/Delirium/Amazon Jail/Beyond Atlantis/Sadomania/Challenge to be free/Venom/Raw Force/Gone with the pope/Black heat/The House Of Terror/Mondo Cane 1&2 double-bill/Starstruck/Last Days of Man on Earth/Avalanche Express/Cinderella 2000/Titillation/Flesh and Lace/Mysterious Island/Circle of iron/Smithereens/Fantastic planet/The Loveless/Sexy Dozen/2069 a Sex Odyssey/Raiders of Letye Gulf/Scum of the earth/Venus in furs/Female animal/7 Dwarves to the rescue/Fighting rats of Tobruk/Fight for your life/Fast company/Grand Slam/Space Raiders/Final Countdown/Captain America/Cannonball/Killer Force/King Kong Vs Godzilla/Africa Blood & Guts

Mad Doctor of Blood Island/Brides of Blood/Satan's Sadists/Angel's Wild Women/Horror of the Blood Monsters/Girls for rent/Naughty Stewardesses/Brain of blood/Blazing stewardesses/Blood Drinkers/The Stuff/Pieces/Snuff/Beyond The Gate/Pranks/Burnt offerings/Dead & Buried/Blood-spattered Bride/I Dismember Mama/House by the Cemetery/Great White/Cat o'nine Tails/Saturn 3/God Told Me To/Crazies/Toolbox Murders/Q/Grizzly/Don't Look In The Basement/Hell Night/Satan's Black Wedding/Black Belly of the Tarantula/Invasion of the Bee Girls/Maniac/Banana Monster/Dead of night/Carnival of blood/Curse of the Headless Horseman/Mark of the Devil/Bloodsucking Freaks/Deep red/The Comeback/The Curse/Autopsy/Daughters of Darkness/Shock Waves/The Illustrated Man/Fifth Cord/Seven Doors of Death/Blood of Ghastly Horror/Fire and Ice/Bottoms Up/Five Bloody Graves.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Last night for Halloween I watched The Horror Of Hammer, which not surprisingly is a collection of 53 Hammer trailers. Good stuff - mostly horror but some other genre stuff in here too.

The complete list:

THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN / THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN / FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED / FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN / FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL / HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN / THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN / THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES / THE CREEPING UNKNOWN / ENEMY FROM SPACE / 5 MILLION YEARS TO EARTH /X THE UNKNOWN / THESE ARE THE DAMNED / ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. / WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH / CREATURES THE WORLD FORGOT / OLD DARK HOUSE / NIGHTMARE / THE DEVILS OWN / THE DEVIL’S BRIDE / TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER / PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES / CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF / THE MUMMY / CURSE OF THE MUMMY’S TOMB / THE MUMMY’S SHROUD / BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY’S TOMB / RASPUTIN / THE REPTILE / STRANGLERS OF BOMBAY / THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH / THE GORGON / NIGHT CREATURES / PHANTOM OF THE OPERA / HOUSE OF FRIGHT / DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE / HORROR OF DRACULA / BRIDES OF DRACULA / DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS / DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE / TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA / SCARS OF DRACULA / DRACULA 1972 A.D. / COUNT DRACULA AND HIS VAMPIRE BRIDE / KISS OF THE VAMPIRE / CAPTAIN KRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER / THE VAMPIRE LOVERS / LUST FOR A VAMPIRE / TWINS OF EVIL / THE VAMPIRE CIRCUS / COUNTESS DRACULA / 7 BROTHERS MEET DRACULA
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've been zoning out to trailer comps lately too. Shock Festival is a good one. The fake trailers were ok. I haven't listened to the MP3 disc though. One I icked up recently I dig is one of the SWV Harry Novak trailer comps (there are three), full of sexploitation trailers and its a fun one. ANd I picked up another one recently but I can't remember the name of it. Something like "Fucky Squirrel's A/V Club". THat has a lot of good ones on it.

South African company Southern has a series out with some rare ones on it. It's a pain to have to select each trailer rather than using a play all function, but there's still some cool stuff on there.

I'd love to do a trailer database. Don't know how though.

Ever seen the Spaghetti Western one "Previews To Kill"? I see it on eBay sometimes and haven't taken the bait.

There are a few Spaghetti Westerns out, Wild East did A Fistful Of Trailers (OOP and tough to find) and For A Few Previews More. I don't have Previews To Kill.

We should list the contents of the discs we have in the thread. That'd be handy I think.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Well I'm not at home, so I can't do that right now. I will though. Why don't you just buy a database function so I can use it? You've got money...

I'm loaded. This site makes me rich!

Or instead we'll just post here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

FINE.

One comp I can watch over and over again is the Extra Weird Sampler.

The Video X Pix comp is fun.

Babylon Blue/Bel Ami/Blonde Ambition/Blonde Goddess/Blue Jeans/Bon Appetit/Centerfold Fever/Danish Pastries/Deep Inside Annie Sprinkle/Dirty Blonde/Eaten Alive/Erotic World of Angel Cash/Every Inch A Lady/Expose Me Lovely/Fascination/Felicia/Female Athletes/Girls Best Friend/Inside Jennifer Wells/Inside Seka/In The Pink/Joy/Little Oral Annie Takes Manhattan/ Maraschino Cherry/People/Slit Skirts/Tigresses.

I think they should make another volume.

Name:  cover_cover.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  43.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Are you home? Where you snagging those lists of trailers?

And yeah I wish they'd out out another one, even if it's from tape sources. Smut Palace Insanity has some good ones on it too, and has an easter egg on the nipple of the chick on the main menu. I'll bet that's the first and only nipple egg.

I was close to the title with Fucky Squirrel's A/V Club...it's Chucky Lou A/V Club and the disc is called "Trailer Trash". Here's what on it:

A Personal Greeting from Mr. Dom DeLuise/ All This & WWII/ Blacula/ Lola/ Sister Street Fighter/ Mad Machine/ The Wonderful Land of Oz/ Big Dog Lost/ Bless the Beasts and Children/ Prelude to Happiness/ The Diary of Knockers McCalla/ The Street Fighter's Last Revenge/The Amazing Dr. Chicken/ Abba: The Movie/ Bummer/ The Touchables/ Teenage Gang Debs/ The Girl the Body and the Pill/The Switcheroo/ The Bodyguard/ Real Life/ Stunt Rock/ Can Hieronymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?/ Use the Back Door/ The Seven Brothers Meet Dracula/ Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die/ The Molesters/ The Candy Snatchers/ The Telephone Book/ Voodoo Heartbeat/ Exorcist II: The Heretic/ Devil Woman/ Bruka, Queen of Evil/ The Sin Syndicate/Olga's Dance Hall Girls/ The Wild World of Batwoman/ Sweet Sugar/ The Sadist/ Movie Star American Style or LSD I Hate You/ Musical Mutiny/ Zabriskie Point/ Dolemite/ Coonskin/ Jonathan Livingston Seagull