Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Worship At The Temple Of... The Cramps! (or the official R!S!P! Cramps Thread)

I've got the old cd, but Ace Records UK released it on vinyl recently. Haven't picked it up yet myself. It was originally supposed to be on blue vinyl, but ended up being black.

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    ^^^ I've been meaning to ask if anyone has checked these out yet? I'm wondering if they have been remastered? The there is no indication on the sleeves that they have been. Also, with the exception of Rockinnreelininaucklandnewzealand all these releases restore the original vinyl configurations so all the b-sides included in previous CD editions have been removed. A bummer, unless there is a b-sides collection in the works. Fingers crossed.
    I picked up 3 of them today, since I have vinyl versions of the rest of them. I'm only into Stay Sick! so far, and this is what I can tell you...even though it says copyright Vengeance 2014, it also says Remastered in 2001 by David Cheppa....actually, all 3 of the records I have say that. So it looks like these are probably reissues of the 2001 remasters. Stay Sick! though is on an orange marble vinyl, though, which looks cool, and it comes with a download card for 320Kbs MP3s.....that have all of the bonus tracks intact (Her Love Rubbed off Live, Bikini Girls Live, Beat Out My Love, Jailhouse Rock, and Jackyard Backoff). So if you've got vinyl capability, this is probably the way to go. I'll comment on the others as I get into them.

Cool. Thanks for the info, Tolch.

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the info, Tolch.
    No worries. Just read too that only the first issues of these will have the coloured vinyl, if that matters to people. I generally don't care about such things. It is kinda nice, though, that they've rounded up the b-sides for the downloads....that'll save me the hassle of throwing on 7" records, which I'm too old and impatient for.

Huh. Just realized that even the studio version of Her Love Rubbed Off is a bonus track when Stay Sick ended with Muleskinner Blues. I think you're right, I am used to those CD versions. Look Mom No Head! comes on a pretty green marble....I'm pretty sure they'd say "Ghoulish Green" or some shit....vinyl, and ends at The Strangeness in Me, and not Wilder Wilder, Faster Faster, which is included in the download with Jelly Roll Rock. The 12" for Eyeball in my Martini included I Wanna Get In Your Pants as well as Wilder Wilder...well, mine does, anyway. Little change-up, I guess.

While these remasters definitely have a bit of the "Turn it up louder" mentality, I will say that the drums are fantastic on both albums I've listened to so far.

Her Love Rubbed Off was a b-side of Bikini Girls. Great track imo. I have a vhs recording of a BBC programme where they played that and Bikini Girls live in a studio but I can't find the tape and I've had Cramps fans begging me to upload it. This is why I should always label my tapes properly.
    Let's just get high and fuck some sluts

RockinnReelin is on clear vinyl, pretty, and has 11 tracks. Blue Moon Baby, Georgia Lee Brown and Lonesome Town are the bonus tracks on the download. And that's all I've got to report.

Yeah... I'm sure I will break down and grab these. But the one thing that consistently disappoints me with every reissue of Smell of Female is that when the record first came out New Rose put out a 7" single boxed set version which included "Weekend on Mars". I downloaded a vinyl rip (complete with needle drop) of the track years ago and its a good recording/performance on par with the rest of the album so I don't know why they continue to exclude it.

Huh. I didn't know that. Cool.

New Rose also issued SMELL OF FEMALE on cd with 'Weekend On Mars.' The copy I have is really beat up, unfortunately.