Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridlely Scott's PROMETHEUS (Leaked Trailer)

Quote Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
    I thought it looked excellent. But what's the point of complaining about a futuristic sci-fi movie not looking realistic?
    I'd say the original Alien went out of it's way to look realistic. But what I'm talking about- and I don't want to derail discussion about the film- is when the actors begin looking like they've been carved out of plastic. After seeing the early footage I spent a long time thinking this film was animated. They talk about this uncanny valley thing but it seems to me that live action stuff that looks like a cartoon is more likely to fool people than vice versa at this point in time.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I am not surprised that director's cut with 20 minutes of footage will be coming.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I am not surprised that director's cut with 20 minutes of footage will be coming.
    ...but will it be 20 mins of crap that SHOULD have been trimmed anyway (ie, just extended scenes) or will there be more original content to maybe flesh things out a bit more...??

Also, has anyone heard Ridley say anything about a SEQUEL to this in the planning stages.....they should get CAMERON to do part 2 and then Fincher to do part 3 ....

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Ridley just announced there will be an extra 20 mins in the extended cut to be released on Blu-ray later this year...did he not say before that his theatrical cut was the only only one ???
    I seem to remember that in at least one interview, he said something like that with regards the violence - that he'd cut the violence back as far as he could in order to get the desired classification, and that a more violent version of the film would never be released or that this was his preferred cut of the movie. It sounded like something a man might say to appease the powers-that-be (ie, the studio). I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back on his word, as IIRC he's done that before; in my mind, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if he did.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Saw this last night, liked it with some reservations. The characters do some really stupid things, and someone who's just had major abdominal surgery ain't running around a short time later - no matter how good the pain killers are. The production design was excellent for the most part.

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    It's okay. The ending just pissed me off though.
    That was exactly my first reaction. Actually, it's a really good science fiction movie except for the glaring continuity error which ties it to the other series of films. I mean, come on! How hard can it be? I even wrote the alternate take that fixed my complaints (with four additional shots) as I sat in the theater watching the credits roll. Pffft!

But I liked it quite a bit besides that.

Amazon already has the Blu-ray and the 3-D Blu-ray for pre-order. No street date announced but Blu-ray.com is saying 10/9/2012.

Dig the covers...

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  7.9 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  6.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Tikiriffic.

Finally got around to seeing this with the missus last night & was quite disappointed. The premise was ok but it quickly went downhill from there. The last half of the movie was utterly laughable & forgettable. I felt similarly disappointed with the ending of Danny Boyle's Sunshine but at least that movie had quite a few redeeming qualities & held my interest throughout with the exception of the finale but this pablum was just a bore from the beginning.