Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Milligan to hit Blu-ray from the BFI!

Andy Milligan to hit Blu-ray from the BFI!

There have been rumors about this for a few weeks now, but here's the cover art:

Rock! Shock! Pop!

It'll be a double feature with The Body Beneath (previously available through SWV).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rad. I've been wanting to see NIGHTBIRDS for a while.

It's pretty inspiring to see someone like the BFI tackle a movie like this. It's also interesting to see it getting released for the UK market before any hint of a stateside release. Maybe Andy's more popular overseas than I thought or maybe it's just the allure of putting out a 'lost' film (that wasn't actually lost at all - hasn't McDonagh had a print for a few years at least?). Either way, I'd love to see more stuff like this from the BFI, they generally do them up right.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Well, that is the one movie that he actually filmed in Britain so I can sort of see why a UK company would grab it.

Miller has a story about NIGHTBIRDS but I don't remember the details. Something about going to McDonagh's book signing and Jimmy giving the guy in line in front of Miller some sort of NIGHTBIRDS thing - it was either the trailer or an original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyboy View Post
    Well, that is the one movie that he actually filmed in Britain so I can sort of see why a UK company would grab it.
    Ah, you're right on that. I'd forgotten and thought it was another one of his Staten Island epics.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

There were a few films Milligan shot in England; most of his early-70s output in fact. But Nightbirds and Body Beneath were the only UK financed films.
    Let's just get high and fuck some sluts

You're correct, Kevin. I was thinking back to the first time I'd read about Milligan in Fangoria and they made a statement about how people assumed his films were made in the UK but were in fact Staten Island productions. However, it looks like 5 were shot in London. My mistake.

I think it was also in London where Milligan supposedly killed a man, or at least left him for dead.

I'm very excited for this, what's the best source for BFI in North America, Diabolik?

Amazon.co.uk when the price hits the sweet spot; or the cheapass sites like thehut.com, zavvi.com (they're affiliated/the same), blahdvd.com, which have shipping to Canada for a pound or sometimes free. Hmv.com's shipping is £££, but sometimes the prices'll make up for it. I've never had any problem ordering from the UK directly.

Diabolik sure came through when I needed some Alpha french love, though.