Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Spaghetti Western thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Attachment 2889

Speaking Wild East, has anyone checked out the Hunt Powers double feature and if so, is the quality good? I don't think I've seen the Django Sartana movie.
    I have it, the quality is fine, the films...not so much. They're both Fidani joints, DEAD MEN DON'T MAKE SHADOWS is considered his best in some circles. His best is still the backwash of a warm Black Label though. Ever wanted to see Fabio Testi make like a block of wood? You'll love DJANGO MEETS SARTANA. There is a good interview with Jack Betts aka Hunt Powers on the disc. Pass this one up unless you're a WE completist (I am).

Thanks for the clarification on BLOOD MONEY, Scyther. I have STRANGER AND THE GUNFIGHTER, not a bad film at all but not one of my favs. As far as sw comedies are concerned, I do have a fondness for a couple George Hilton ones, THE CRAZY BUNCH and A MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE. They're so amazingly goofy it's impossible to hate them. LITTLE RITA is a film I really love, more of a fantasy than straight up comedy. The songs are fantastic too! I was so disappointed that the cd soundtrack doesn't include the vocal versions.

Oh, and Wild East is releasing MASSACRE TIME in the near future. My one gripe with them these days is that they're releasing a lot of films I already have. I wish they would get back to unearthing rarities like PISTOLEROS, THE DIRTY OUTLAWS and DAY OF ANGER.

Thanks for the info on the double feature, Andrew. I'll pass unless I see it cheap (I seem to have a knack for finding Wild East titles in the used bin at Kims).

I'm with you on Massacre Time, it's already easily available. Unless their release is a huge improvement, I don't need it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I have it, the quality is fine, the films...not so much. They're both Fidani joints, DEAD MEN DON'T MAKE SHADOWS is considered his best in some circles. His best is still the backwash of a warm Black Label though. Ever wanted to see Fabio Testi make like a block of wood? You'll love DJANGO MEETS SARTANA. There is a good interview with Jack Betts aka Hunt Powers on the disc. Pass this one up unless you're a WE completist (I am).

Thanks for the clarification on BLOOD MONEY, Scyther. I have STRANGER AND THE GUNFIGHTER, not a bad film at all but not one of my favs. As far as sw comedies are concerned, I do have a fondness for a couple George Hilton ones, THE CRAZY BUNCH and A MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE. They're so amazingly goofy it's impossible to hate them. LITTLE RITA is a film I really love, more of a fantasy than straight up comedy. The songs are fantastic too! I was so disappointed that the cd soundtrack doesn't include the vocal versions.
    No problem, man. I really liked Enzo Castellari's comedy western with Antonio Sabato, John Saxon and Frank Wolf (I Came I Saw I Shot) when it comes to comedy westerns, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who dug the songs on Little Rita! I heard that the Robby Poitevin soundtrack CD released by Digitmovies didn't have the vocal scores, and it's indeed a shame! Are they available anywhere, do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I don't think Video Asia have ever officially licensed anything in their history. I could be wrong, but if I were a betting man...

Echo Bridge has definitely done plenty of legit stuff though, they handled all those budget Miramax releases a few months ago. That title has shown up in a few Spaghetti Western bundles though and I'm wondering if it's legitimately public domain or if it's just been released frequently enough that the rights owners have given up.
    Haha. I'd likely agree with you, man. I think I must own about fifty plus Video Asia/Mill Creek public domain sets at this point.

Really? I didn't know Blood Money had appeared in other box sets; thought this was the first time, along with Providence. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Scyther View Post
    No problem, man. I really liked Enzo Castellari's comedy western with Antonio Sabato, John Saxon and Frank Wolf (I Came I Saw I Shot) when it comes to comedy westerns, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who dug the songs on Little Rita! I heard that the Robby Poitevin soundtrack CD released by Digitmovies didn't have the vocal scores, and it's indeed a shame! Are they available anywhere, do you know?
    I've had I CAME I SAW I SHOT here for a few years and still haven't watched it due to my aversion to sw comedies. Maybe I'll bump it up to the "to watch" stack and give it a shot. Sadly, I don't know of any available version of the score for LITTLE RITA w/the vocals. It has to turn up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I've had I CAME I SAW I SHOT here for a few years and still haven't watched it due to my aversion to sw comedies. Maybe I'll bump it up to the "to watch" stack and give it a shot. Sadly, I don't know of any available version of the score for LITTLE RITA w/the vocals. It has to turn up at some point.
    Yeah, I Came I Saw I Shot is definitely above average. There's actually some gun play, as opposed to the endless slapstick fistfights usually featured in those sorts of spaghetti comedies (although there's plenty of that, as well).

Sure hope those Rita songs turn up at some point. They're probably stuck in copyright hell or something, although I'd still be interested in hearing the score without them if I can find the Digitmovies disc for a decent price.

Look at what my Spaghetti Western-loving wife did! She even made it into a sticker.
    http://r-dart.tumblr.com/post/199297...messing-around

Mill Creek has another Spaghetti Western double feature Blu-ray scheduled for release 5/15/2012.

The Grand Duel and Keoma
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!