Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Spaghetti Western thread

That's a pretty amazing line up - they're even showing Yankee? Craziness!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Blue Underground just announced that Django Kill has been moved from 6/5/12 to 7/3/12 due to a production delay.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Wild East very quietly issued Fulci's Massacre Time on DVD as The Brute and The Beast.

Name:  mt.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  55.8 KB

Specs:

• Two different English audio tracks - the International English dub, and AIP's American release dub.
    • Audio Interview with director Lucio Fulci
    • Interview with star George Hilton
    • Extensive Picture Gallery
    • Radio Spots
    • Trailers
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, I'll grab this at some point. I've read that the picture looks very good and the AIP dub is much better than the international one. The Fulci interview is supposed to be quite good too. And the second part of the Hilton interview is something I'm really looking forward to. I love this film, the ending is fantastic. The images and the Gori score always put a lump in my throat. Gori really hit it out of the park on this score, he's usually the pits when it comes to soundtracks. Really wish Fulci had done more spaghettis during this period, the golden age of them.

Why not release it as MASSACRE TIME? That's the title all the spag western fans know it as.

I think that's the title on the print they used - was also the title during its original US release. I've seen a trailer for it as BRUTE AND THE BEAST on one of the sw trailer comps I have.

They'd probably sell more if they did it as Massacre Time though.

Watched The Grand Duel last night via the Mill Creek Blu-ray. It's a pretty solid transfer, could have been cleaned up more but for the price you can't argue at all. Hadn't seen the movie in years, it holds up well. Skimmed through Keoma, looks like it has some of the weird 'grain' issues that some of the Blue Underground stuff has. Trailers for both movies are included, English audio only in DTS-HD, but the audio is kinda scratchy, doesn't sound amazing. Still, for the $5.99 it's going for on Amazon it's kind of a no brainer.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Maybe sell a few more as MASSACRE TIME but I think anyone interested enough to see the cover would figure out what it is. If anything, I would play up Fulci's name more, maybe with a sticker on the cover. I do wonder if some nebulous rights issues are involved, it's not the first or the last one WE has sold under another, less known title.

Another new Wild East release just came in at Diabolik.

El Rojo starring Richard Harrison, uncut and 16x9.

Don't know much about this one, haven't seen it, but Nieves Navarro is in it too...

Name:  da7f4478e7aad5fc8d934447b18dcf47.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  53.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It's a good one, pretty offbeat. Revenge story with a lot of horror elements, the most memorable being an extended stalking scene in a mine that wouldn't be out of place in a slasher. Very violent deaths, early on some children are shot with arrows. A hired killer wears a bizarre half mask on his face...all in all well worth checking out. Oh, and Navarro looks simply gorgeous too.

This was one of Franco Cleef's last projects - several years ago. That's why I say I wish WE would do something a little rarer, though I know that's not really fair in this case as it's a dvd-r. Still hard to get too worked up over these recent releases.