Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JAWS Movies & The Universal Monsters Coming To Blu-Ray In 2012 (merged!)

JAWS Movies & The Universal Monsters Coming To Blu-Ray In 2012 (merged!)

Got this from DIGITAL BITS:

"And speaking of Universal, sources are telling us that the studio is tentatively expecting to release Steven Spielberg's Jaws on Blu-ray on 8/14/2012. We've also been told that at least some of the sequels may be released on Blu-ray on the same day, including Jaws 3D on Blu-ray 3D. And on the catalog film note, we're also hearing that Universal is working on plans to release a Blu-ray box set of the classic Universal Monsters films in time for Halloween 2012. This is actually something I talked about with USHE president Craig Kornblau back at Blu-Con 2010. I mentioned to him that a lot of our readers would love to see those films in high-definition, but the studio's concern was that - believe it or not - sales of those titles haven't been very good on DVD over the years. So I suggested doing them all as a big Blu-ray box set and making it sort of a special event release to generate sales and interest. Then they could always release singles later if the numbers justified it. Anyway, it looks like that might be what's in play for later in 2012, so fingers crossed. We'll post more details as we have them, of course, but keep in mind this information should be considered Rumor Mill-worthy until we hear from the studio directly."

Good news. I keep catching Jaws on television, and I really dig it. Jaws 3D, however, is a steaming pile of shit. I can't even imagine how bad that's going to look on blu...the severed hand, the breaking glass, and the noisy freeze frame/slow motion shot before the breaking glass....ugh. Terrible film.

I only have two of the universal monster sets, the Creature Legacy and Dracula Legacy. I'd like to see Creature in hi-def, but Dracula doesn't really get enough action to bother upgrading.

I have all of the Universal Monsters sets on DVD and will be more than happy to double dip if Universal does these sets right.

Fucking took them long enough! Here's hoping there are no delays. With some rad Hammer stuff coming out in 2012 and now this, looks like 2012 could be a good year for classic horror in high def.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

JAWS 3 is a favorite of mine. I kind of wish they'd do the separate sets first. The only Universal Monsters I like is THE WOLFMAN and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Francis View Post
    JAWS 3 is a favorite of mine.
    Me too! I was just thinking about the awesomeness of it the other day. It was on tv a lot earlier this year and I saw it bunches of times. I like Jaws 4 too.

It'll blow if they just put JAWS 3 on 3D blu-ray, too.

Well, one man's trash...I'm a little surprised to see so much love for it. Haha. But to each their own.

I thought it was crap too. But I'd still buy it on Blu-ray because I'm dopey like that.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

More:

"JAWS fans rajoice! We recently announced Universal’s remastering of a number of their classic titles for Blu-ray release, including Spielberg’s toothy standard-setter. As it turns out, the original JAWS will be accompanied by parts 2 and 3 this August 14, when all three films street. And yes, part 3 is listed as being in 3D!
    Further, Steven Spielberg told Ain’t It Cool News that he has no Lucasian plans of tinkering with his breakout picture. “There’s going to be no more digital enhancements or digital additions to anything on any film I direct. I’m not going to do any corrections digitally to even wires that show [JAWS].”
    Sorry, Mario VanPeebles fan(s). You’ll have to wait for JAWS: THE REVENGE, as no Blu-ray release has been announced on that little gem."

From: http://famousmonstersoffilmland.com/...-release-date/

Curious to know if they're being released individually or as a boxed set?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I found this tucked inside the new American Pie Blu-ray...

Name:  LastScan.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  70.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!