Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mimic 3 Film Set Coming to Blu-ray from Lionsgate

Mimic 3 Film Set Coming to Blu-ray from Lionsgate

They only recently released the director's cut on Blu, did they not? Well now they're releasing all three films together.

From the above article:

"Directed by Oscar® nominee Guillermo Del Toro (Best Writing, Original Screenplay, 'Pan's Labyrinth,' 2006), this cut transforms 'Mimic' into a film that Del Toro fans and newcomers alike will embrace as the definitive version. The film stars Academy Award® winner* Mira Sorvino ('Mighty Aphrodite') and Academy Award® nominee* Josh Brolin ('No Country for Old Men') along with Jeremy Northam (Showtime's "The Tudors"). This all new cut of the film, featuring seven minutes of restored footage, introduces subtle character moments that transform Mimic into a film that Del Toro fans and newcomers alike will embrace as the definitive version.

The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 soundtrack, and supplements include: Introduction and Audio Commentary from Director Guillermo del Toro; Reclaiming Mimic- Featurette with Del Toro discussing his vision for the film and how he completed the new version; A Leap in Evolution: The Creatures of Mimic- Featurette looking at the creatures in Mimic; Back into the Tunnels: Shooting Mimic - Behind the scenes featurette; Deleted/Alternate Scenes; Outtakes; Gag Reel; Storyboard Animatics; and Theatrical Trailer.

'Mimic 2' - Four years ago, a group of scientists successfully stopped a plague that threatened to overrun the population of New York City. Though all of the "Judas" bugs were thought to be dead, those that survived have undergone another terrible transformation and are once again threatening human life. The disc includes a couple of featurettes and deleted scenes.

'Mimic 3: The Sentinel' - When residents of an apartment complex begin to disappear, the unthinkable happens - the mutant Judas bugs are again stalking their prey. Left nearly helpless, a man enclosed in a plastic bubble, his sister and their best friend have no choice but to exterminate their insect enemies. The disc includes audio commentary with the writer/director, a behind-the-scenes featurette and cat auditions.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $29.99."

Name:  original.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  15.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, so the director's cut of the first film came out in September 2011 - a whole five months ago. The press release mentions 7 minutes of new footage - is this above what was included in the director's cut release?

I am confused.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They're fun flicks. 3 is a total rip of Rear Window, but a fun rip, I guess.
    I really like the redhead in 2.

I've only seen the first one. I was holding the director's cut in my hand the other day in Best Buy and almost bought it. Glad I cheaped out. The first one was pretty cool, and if the sequels get the Paul Casey grease smear of approval, I shall check them out. But really, it rips off Rear Window?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The blu-ray D-cut is the same cut being used in THIS blu-ray. Now, where us standard DVD player owners get screwed is that this same collection is coming out on standard DVD, with ONE exception, WE get the theatrical version of MIMIC. Thanks Lionsgate for thinking of us.

MIMIC 2 sucks. MIMIC 3: SENTINAL is very good. Very remotely thinking of replacing my MIMIC blu with THIS collection, but the price, at the moment, may be TOO high. Gonna wait and see how much DVD Pacific ends up selling it for.
    Last edited by Shawn Francis; 02-21-2012 at 08:20 PM.

I read the top but still have to ask, are the extras in the Directors Cut the same here?
    Last edited by Terry C; 02-21-2012 at 08:17 PM.

I JUST compared the features and the Del Toro commentary is missing from the set!

Interesting, DVD Empire indicates there is NO commentary, but the specs listed on Fangoria's breaking news article says there is. Now, I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I've only seen the first one. I was holding the director's cut in my hand the other day in Best Buy and almost bought it. Glad I cheaped out. The first one was pretty cool, and if the sequels get the Paul Casey grease smear of approval, I shall check them out. But really, it rips off Rear Window?
    Yes, blatantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Francis View Post
    Goon nait and see how much DVD Pacific ends up selling it for.
    Someone caught a case of the Toidds!