Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleepaway Camp IV - it's been finished?

Sleepaway Camp IV - it's been finished?

This kinda flew under my radar. Apparantly someone has taken the footage that was shot for the never completed Sleepaway Camp IV sequel (it was included on the AB boxed set if I remember correctly) and added to it to finish the movie. And now it's coming out on DVD.

Fangoria has an article on it here. There's more on the Sleepaway Camp super site here.

I dunno how they're going to use new footage to mix properly with older footage shot two decades ago but I am mildly curious to see how this will turn out.

Weird.

I do not really have very high hopes for this.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

DVD cover art right here.

As usual with these things, none of the original people who made the first one (or even the sequels) entertaining were involved in this.....*sigh*

I'd rather see a completed Grizzly 2: The Predator.

I did a little research and it seems like it's just a clipshow... Who the fuck would watch a clip show? Not even the Puppet Master diehards liked The Legacy. Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2 at least had an amusing as fuck 3rd act. Not to mention Garbage Day.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 06-14-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Not surprisingly, it sound awful.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I saw the first one twice (!) in the theater...loved the weird, mean-spirited atmosphere and of course, the killer ending. The rest of 'em are junk imo.

I think Part 2 is the best of the franchise. It has that Scream quality where it parodies the genre, but it's not obnoxious with it and it's genuinely funny. Plus the characters have a lot of depth for a Slasher. Bruce Springsteen's sister makes a good post-op serial killer.

FIRST one was good...then the ending knocked it out of the ballpark....
    SECOND one was a good re-start to the series...a well made slasher in the scream vein...but made by people who understand the idea!!
    THIRD one was still ok....but not on a par with one or 2.....

RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP was enjoyable..not great but entertaining enough for fans of low budget slashers...

NO HOPE for this one if it is a a clip movie!!!...

I really hated Return (part 4) The acting got even worse but the one strength the original film had is that it had a cast of actors who were of that age. The acting was bad in the original, but kids act like that in real life, so it kinda' counter balanced the bad acting.

Return consists almost entirely of a cast that looks like they're in the late 20's or early 30's for some of them... Not to mention that the slashing was pretty uneventful, the plot isn't interesting, cgi gore, no likeable characters, and amateurishly shot. And why the fuck is Isaac Hayes wearing his Chef costume? Terrible flick.

I agree that the third one was okay. It definitely had it's moments but they ran out of ideas about half way through and it seemed like they couldn't get the effects guy to show up for half the shoot. It's one of the only slashers I can think of where a majority of the kills are done with a stick.