Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Obscura Announces Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above Suspicion

Not one of my favorite gialli (though the soundtrack is), but I'm excited about the interviews and the general coolness of CO's discs.

CO has lined up an interview with Ernesto Gastaldi for this release.

Name:  198509_422978234404429_1197425913_n.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  34.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Should I double-dip on this? Hmm. Not the best Giallo ever made by any means, but the supplements are tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    It's from the Italian one sheet.

I love Italian posters. Where did you find this scan?
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

I honestly don't remember - somewhere on Google image search. It's a great poster to be sure.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Official release date for this is 11/30/2012.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I watched this over the weekend and really enjoyed it...I dunno, I had previously enjoyed this as eye candy but not much more. This time I got into it a lot more and now would actually rank this as Ercoli's best giallo. The CO disc looks nice but I will still be holding on to the BU dvd too for the english dub. The 35 minute interview with Ercoli and Susan Scott was fantastic, they're both very lively and seem like people you'd want to spend an evening with. Some good stories. It would've been nice if it had been a career-spanning discussion instead of mainly about this film though.

Arrow has this slated for January.

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: The Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion (Blu-ray)

A trippy giallo delight that brings together the talents of many of the genre’s leading lights on both sides of the camera.

Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2PWbh3j
    Pre-order in the US via DiabolikDVD: http://bit.ly/2ELjcz7
    Release dates: January 14

Before the influence of Dario Argento’s The Bird with the Crystal Plumage permeated every corner of the giallo genre, another strain of these distinctive Italian thrillers enjoyed considerable success. These “melodrama gialli”, heavily inspired by Clouzot’s Les diaboliques, relied less on graphic violence and high body counts and more on psychological tension.

Minou (Dagmar Lassander, Lucio Fulci’s The Black Cat) leads a pampered but dull life with her frequently absent husband, Peter (Pier Paolo Capponi, The Cat O’ Nine Tails). One night, while out walking on the beachfront, Minou is accosted by a mysterious blackmailer (Simón Andreu, Death Carries a Cane) who informs her that Peter is a murderer. Driven by misplaced loyalty to her husband, Minou gives in to the blackmailer’s every perverted whim in exchange for his silence. But as the blackmailer ups the ante, demanding that she submit to his increasingly obscene demands, can Minou hold on to what little remains of her sanity?

Written by the prolific Ernesto Gastaldi (Torso), infused with a seductive score by the great Ennio Morricone (The Cat O’ Nine Tails) and featuring a memorable turn by Nieves Navarro a.k.a. Susan Scott (Death Walks at Midnight) in the role of Minou’s best friend, The Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion is a trippy giallo delight that brings together the talents of many of the genre’s leading lights on both sides of the camera.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
    • Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative by Arrow Films
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
    • Original lossless mono Italian and English soundtracks
    • English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
    • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
    • New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, author and editor-in-chief of Diabolique Magazine
    • Private Pictures, a newly-edited documentary featuring archival interviews with actress Nieves Navarro and director Luciano Ercoli, and new interview material with writer Ernesto Gastaldi
    • The Forbidden Soundtrack of the Big Three, a new appreciation of the music of Forbidden Photos and 70s Italian cult cinema by musician and soundtrack collector Lovely Jon
    • The Forbidden Lady, a Q&A with actress Dagmar Lassander at the 2016 Festival of Fantastic Films
    • Original Italian and English theatrical trailers
    • Image gallery
    • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Twins of Evil

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Michael Mackenzie
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!