Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GIRL IN ROOM 2A from Mondo Macabro!

Are you a reviewer? Or do you just want free DVDs?

I review for this site actually. But Ian probably already has it coming and he'll most certainly write this one up. No need to two reviews on the same board.

Import CDs seem to have this currently in stock and are shipping out!
    http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2374...In-Room-2A-DVD

Yeah, my review copy showed up the other day. It'll be ready to publish this week. Skimmed it, transfer looks really good. Can't wait to dive into this.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Can't wait to see what you think Ian. Here's the first review I could find: http://www.mondo-digital.com/girl2a.html

Review tomorrow. Diabolik have this back in stock right now.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Mine arrived today. How does MM decide which releases get a red case or a black case? This one is black, DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS was red. Some in the past have been the same way.

Your DON'T OPEN was red? Damn, mine was black. I love the red cases, I really hope COUNTESS has one, it would go wonderfully with the cover.
    Great review, Ian. I'm adding it to the list of reviews on MM's blog. (Just yours and Mondo Digital's so far. Anyone seen any others?) Thanks!

Thanks Jared. My Don't Open was red too.

I'm tempted to swap out the black case MM releases using some Evil Angel cases (which are all red) because they'd look rad on the shelf, but then the OCD collector in me says 'NO! LEAVE IT AS IS!'
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Endured this one yesterday. My disc stopped working about an hour in but I won't be exchanging it. I figure it just saved me half an hour. Objectively speaking, the single least competent feature I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of Franco's and spend a lot of time at festivals watching shot on video stuff by film students.

There's an element to which I almost feel exploited by this release. It's Mondo Macabro, it's euro cult, no ones releasing anything at the moment so there's no way I'm not going to buy it. I just didn't expect to get this. In an ideal world obviously every film gets a DVD release from a company who cares as much as Mondo Macabro but as we don't live in that world I've got to wonder if this film is worthy of that. The people making this film would appear not have to cared about it and had only a basic rudimentary knowledge of how to put a film together so why release this when there are so many great films still sitting on the shelf?

With this one following closely on the heels of Sinner I'll be a lot more cautious in my Mondo Macabro purchases in future.