Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT

This will be screening at the Monster Mania Convention in Cherry Hills, NJ this coming August.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Episode 14 : Special Guest Russell Cherrington — Nightbreed Restoration Director
    http://www.clivebarkercast.com/2012/...tion-director/

So it sounds like this is getting a Blu-ray release in 2013?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=208064

"Warner Home Video will release the film in 2013 at least in America in high definition on Blu-ray. The current plan includes both the theatrical version and the Cabal Cut."

Interesting.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Jesus. It's about time.

I know more than a few people are in the middle of the road on this film, but even in it's theatrical state I quite enjoyed it.

Finally. I only hope that Morgan Creek will give them an opportunity to dig through the vaults looking for the original elements to replace the VHS material. As much as I appreciate the work that's gone into the Cabal Cut I can't get that excited about a Blu-Ray release without knowing that they've at least exhausted the search for the neg of the cut scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Finally. I only hope that Morgan Creek will give them an opportunity to dig through the vaults looking for the original elements to replace the VHS material. As much as I appreciate the work that's gone into the Cabal Cut I can't get that excited about a Blu-Ray release without knowing that they've at least exhausted the search for the neg of the cut scenes.
    I'll wind up getting it regardless but yeah, obviously if they could source the deleted scenes from good quality film elements rather than a VHS source it'd make for a better release. As the studio has a vested interest in making this release profitable, hopefully they'll let the guys in charge of the project dig deep.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Can anyone find the original source for this quote... followed it through to Blu-Ray's forums, which say it comes from an Australian forum... How solid is this?

Occupymidian.com sent out this on their twitter feed:

"Interview with @Russell2112 Restoration Director of Nightbreed about the #CabalCut, future Blu-ray release & more!"

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Since I know this forum is frequented by many an eccentric millionaire, I'm one of you won't mind buying me that screen used pair of chainmail Decker gloves I just saw up for sale, right?

So it's been confirmed that Scream Factory have this slated for 2014.

On top of that, Fango says...

"Scream Factory, the boutique cult and horror offshoot from Shout! Factory, swiftly blew many away this past July with the announcement they’d release the storied “Cabal Cut” of NIGHTBREED. A longer version that reinstates long lost material, the cut becomes a different film that finally restores the vision of Clive Barker in adapting CABAL. Now made official via things that makes things official like contracts, it’s been revealed that the much anticipated NIGHTBREED Extended Director’s Cut will not only hit DVD & Blu-ray, but digital distribution as well."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!