Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE KEEP (1983) Might Be Coming To DVD

If Paramount licensed this to another company, it is either Olive, Shout Factory, or Criterion. Most likely Olive, which means it will not have any special features.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Francis View Post
    Over the years I have learned there is no middle ground with this movie. You either love it, or you hate it.
    Middlegrounder here. I think it's a fun film, that I neither love nor hate. I'd say I like it less than Lifeforce, but more than The Hunger or Alien.

Shout posted on their Scream Factory facebook page that they are not going to be releasing THE KEEP. So, I guess Olive is going to be the ones to release it.

Given that they've been handling almost all of Paramount's older catalogue titles, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it land with Olive.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

To all fans of Michael Mann's THE KEEP (1983) there will be an extensive documentary on the making of this movie coming out this year from Stewart Buck, filmmaker/historian. Unfortunately he has NO idea about any kind of DVD release for the movie itself. But this doc he has finished should be the end all and be all on the making of this movie. Formal announcement of it will take place in the Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Francis View Post
    To all fans of Michael Mann's THE KEEP (1983) there will be an extensive documentary on the making of this movie coming out this year from Stewart Buck, filmmaker/historian. Unfortunately he has NO idea about any kind of DVD release for the movie itself. But this doc he has finished should be the end all and be all on the making of this movie. Formal announcement of it will take place in the Spring.
    Any further info about this?

The last update I ever got was this email here, which was sent out to a bunch of people who were interested, which was back in May. Piter was pissed too when I revealed the title of the doc on the web this past Spring. For the record, he never told me not to:

"Thank you very much for your messages of interest around the world over the past couple of months, in regard to our retrospective on THE KEEP.
    Just to inform you on a few matters.

We are planning our first official announcement now in the summer, whilst we wait on further collaboration and materials.

You'll be pleased to know we have been working extremely hard on this since 2011. Stephane Piter was the initial motor for the project - his website being something that most of you would have been aware of over the years. With my help, we finally took it to the next level and made it a reality. We've seen it grow into something really special, making lasting friendships with original cast and crew from the film and in some cases even employing them!

We're far from a release as yet i'm afraid, but closer to the end of physical production. We would hope to have over 7hrs of content (new and old) in the running, by the time the project is fully completed.

To confirm a few things. It will also include additional content around the source material and peripheries. It will include the things you knew, the things that you might have known and the things that were hitherto unknown. All of which, will be explored in great detail.

There are certainly plans now for it to form as part of a movement to help reconstruct and restore the film from surviving elements. Something for which we'll need your full support later on down the line.

All these things take a lot of time and effort, but we'll keep you posted.

That's all for now folks!"

So Alan Jones tweeted the following a couple weeks ago
    Michael Mann's THE KEEP devotees, I'm being interviewed about my time on the Shepperton set for a major DVD extra doc. Such wild memories...
    Doing it for the US release, so not sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    So Alan Jones tweeted the following a couple weeks ago
    Apparently that's for the aforementioned documentary, not for a release of THE KEEP itself: https://twitter.com/thekeepdoc/statu...11505660764161

Ah damn it.