+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silent Night Deadly Night Remake Coming in 2012

Silent Night Deadly Night Remake Coming in 2012

According to this article on Dread Central, Malcolm McDowell is going to be starring in a remake of the film to be titled simply Silent Night.

"To be produced by Richard Saperstein (The Mist), Brian Witten (Chernobyl Diaries) and Shara Kay (The Barrens), Silent Night is set to go before cameras next month in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, with Malcolm McDowell starring as Sheriff Cooper, a small-town hero ready for some big-time action. Miller will direct from a script by exec producer Jayson Rothwell. Anchor Bay has picked up North American distribution rights to the project that will unspool this holiday season."

I like the original but it's far from flawless.

Steven C. Miller is directing, the guy who made Automaton Transfusion.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Do you think it will get all the controversy the original got?

What an odd title to remake. Not mainstream enough for name brand recognition but hell they made a remake of I Spit on Your Grave so fuck it.

Could be good, but it would be a mistake to try to out-sleaze the original. Now, a well-made Henry: POASK-style picture could work but I doubt the director has the skill to pull it off having unfortunately watched Automaton Transfusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Do you think it will get all the controversy the original got?
    Nope. I doubt it'll get any controversy at all unless he goes really, really out there. Like Alex says, the original is pretty sleazy but by modern standards it's not that harsh.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I always get this one and Silent Night, Bloody Night confused. Is this the one with the kid who sees his parents get killed by the Santa robber guy, and then ends up as the Santa at a hardware store after being raised in a Catholic orphanage?

SILENT FART, DEADLY FART.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I always get this one and Silent Night, Bloody Night confused. Is this the one with the kid who sees his parents get killed by the Santa robber guy, and then ends up as the Santa at a hardware store after being raised in a Catholic orphanage?
    Yes, SNDN is what you described...

I just was reminiscing about the hub-bub the original caused way back when...I didn't think anyone would care in this day and age, but I thought I would just put that out there...how times have changed...

What was the controversy back then? Was it much different than other slashers?

Huh, just read up a bit, and watched the youtubed Siskel and Ebert clip on it. Hard to believe it was such a big deal to have a Santa-suited killer.

Press release!

If you still think Halloween is the scariest night of the year...

RING IN THE HOLIDAYS THE ANCHOR BAY WAY WITH SILENT NIGHT

In select theaters November 30th; Blu-ray(TM)/DVD combo and DVD on sale December 4th

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - You better watch out! Santa Claus is coming to town, and he knows who's been bad. On November 30th, Anchor Bay Films presents Silent Night on screen in ten major U.S. metropolitan areas. Blu-ray(TM)/DVD combo and DVD will be available to unwrap nationwide on December 4th.

A loose remake of the horror classic Silent Night, Deadly Night, the film's stellar cast includes Malcolm McDowell (Rob Zombie's Halloween, Easy A), Jaime King (Sin City, My Bloody Valentine 3D), Donal Logue (Shark Night 3D, Blade), Lisa Marie (Sleepy Hollow), Brendan Fehr (Final Destination, X-Men First Class), and Ellen Wong (Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World).

McDowell and King star as a small-town sheriff and deputy on the hunt for a murderous Santa Claus terrorizing their community on Christmas Eve. But with the streets full of Santas for the annual Christmas parade, the killer is hiding in plain sight. He's made his list, checked it twice, and the naughty are going to pay with their lives.

Silent Night was directed by Steven C. Miller (Automaton Transfusion, The Aggression Scale) and produced by The Genre Company and Insidious Pictures.

SRP is $29.99 for the Blu-ray(TM)/DVD combo and $24.98 for the DVD, with pre-book on November 7th. Bonus features include "SILENT NIGHT: Behind The Scenes" featurette and Deleted Scenes.

About Anchor Bay Films:
    Anchor Bay Films is unique in that it offers the creative community a fully integrated distribution capability on all platforms and an international solution extending beyond the U.S. Anchor Bay Films is a division of Anchor Bay Entertainment and is on the ground providing quality distribution with operations in the U.S., United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, as well as distribution capabilities in other key territories. The company focuses on a platform release strategy for its films with an eye toward maximizing their potential across all ancillary distribution platforms. Recent theatrical releases include Ten Years starring Channing Tatum and Rosario Dawson, High School starring Adrien Brody and Colin Hanks and Seeking Justice starring Nicolas Cage, January Jones and Guy Pearce. Films in its library include the critically-acclaimed comedy City Island starring Andy Garcia and Solitary Man starring Michael Douglas as well as the 2011 releases of Kill the Irishman starring Ray Stevenson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken, Toronto Film Festival award-winner Beautiful Boy with Maria Bello and Michael Sheen and Cannes 2011 premiere Corman's World.

Anchor Bay Entertainment is a subsidiary of Starz Media, LLC which is an operating unit of Starz, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation.

Silent Night 2012

Blu-ray(TM)/DVD combo
    Street Date: December 4, 2012.
    Pre-Book Date: November 7, 2012.
    Catalog #: BD59740
    UPC: 0 1313 25974-0 9
    Run Time: 94 minutes
    Rating: R
    SRP: $29.99
    Format: 2.40:1/16x9 1080p
    Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (Blu-ray(TM)) / Dolby Digital 5.1 (DVD)
    Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish

DVD
    Street Date: December 4, 2012.
    Pre-Book Date: November 7, 2012.
    Catalog # AF59738
    UPC: 0 1313 25973-8 6
    Run Time: 94 minutes
    Rating: R
    SRP: $24.98
    Format: 2.40:1/16x9
    Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1
    Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish