Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mondo Macabro Thread

The Official Mondo Macabro Thread

I hope this is OK with the Mods, but I thought I'd start this thread as a place for general MM announcements and whatnot.
    Here's the lastest blog post about what is and what isn't OOP: http://mondomacabrodvd.blogspot.com/2012/04/mmoop.html
    Several titles that aren't on that list have been hard to find of late. This should be changing soon. My personal fave title SILIP has been gone for awhile from most places and has started garnering stupid prices from collector vultures, but it's back on Amazon now and should be at Diabolik very soon. If anyone has any trouble finding any MM DVD post it here and I'll try and sort it out best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
    I hope this is OK with the Mods
    It's all good.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    It's all god.
    It sure is, brother Ian. MM is God!

I do however wish they'd put out more wild films from Indonesia, the Philippines and Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack J View Post
    I do however wish they'd put out more wild films from Indonesia, the Philippines and Turkey!
    Did you see Pete's comment on the latest blog post Jack? A dude asked if they were going to do any more Turkish movies and he said:

We'd love to do more but, sadly, unrealistic expectations from "rights holders" and lack of decent materials makes that increasingly unlikely.
    Sad. But there is one that I've seen recently that I'd love to find out if it's available and see if I can't get both side to agree to put it out. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
    I'm guessing it's a similar situation with the Indonesian and Filipino films. When THE frickin' WARRIOR doesn't sell worth crap, what are you gonna do? I guess there still working on SNAKE SISTERS, but I've stopped asking about it. I keep hoping I'll get something about it in my inbox. Still waiting ...

I hadn't seen his comment but I'm not surprised. The story I keep repeating is how I asked Pete (on Cinehound) if they would release THE WARRIOR sequels (#2-5) and he said yes if the first one sold enough. Well, you know what happened.

I agree. Their indonesian films are my fave, although THE WARRIOR wasn't the one I got excited about... I like the trashier stuff like LADY TERMINATOR and VIRGINS FROM HELL. So goddamn good.

Speaking of Indonesian films: Would love to see them put out some of Arizal's films, like RAMBU, FINAL SCORE, LETHAL HUNTER etc etc

"He hunted bad guys and killed them! He was a lethal hunter."

These movies need to be seen by more people. Mike Abbot rules!

I'd be all over a decent DVD release of Rambu, no questions asked. Sadly, yeah, if the stuff isn't selling, it doesn't make good business sense for them to stay at it. Which leaves who? Nobody else really touches this stuff. So we're left with bootlegs, imports or torrents if we want to see it - which doesn't benefit the rights holders at all and means we won't wind up with nicely restored stuff like we have from labels like MM in the past.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

"MOD discs/legit downloads" could be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by paul h. View Post
    "MOD discs/legit downloads" could be the answer.
    Maybe not. As it is, video companies lose money because their films get ripped and uploaded to illegal torrent sites 5 minutes after they're released. But at least the old-fashioned fans, who prefer to own a real release, are still gonna buy the DVD releases. If there were only legal downloads (and no DVD's) I'm sure there would still be illegal downloads as well. And a lot of the fans who would have bought the DVD's are probably gonna go for the illegal downloads. And why? Because they didn't buy the DVD's because they were law abiding citizens but simply because they preferred the DVD's. In other words, the labels are going to save on manufacturing DVD's but they're also going to lose money on the legal downloads. That's a theory anyway.

PS: and I agree with Robin and I highly recommend checking out those two trailers if you guys haven't already. That's wild cinema!
    Last edited by Jack J; 04-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.