Arrow Video: Lady Snowblood 1+2
    Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD - £19.99
    Cat No: FCD662
    Released: 24 Sep 2012
    Starring: Meiko Kaji, Toshio Kurosawa and Masaaki Daimon
    Directed by: Toshiya Fujita
    Rating: 18
    Duration: TBC

Overview: From the original manga by Kasuo Koike (Lone Wolf and Cub) and the main inspiration for Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill, Lady Snowblood is a blood spattered Samurai masterpiece from the golden age of Japanese cult cinema!

Kidnapped and abused by samurai a woman who finds herself in jail plots revenge by getting pregnant to raise an instrument of death! The child,
    Yuki, is raised with the single purpose of cutting down the four beasts that brutalised her mother, dismembering every down, dirty lowlife that stands in her way.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
    - High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of both features
    - Reversible sleeve with original poster and newly commissioned artwork
    - Collector’s booklet by Japanese cinema expert
    - More special features to be announced closer to the time!

Region B
    RRP £29.99

Name:  577737_396164933750840_124795987554404_1266990_1895496107_n.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  62.4 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I haven't heard if Animeigo are going to be releasing these domestically or not (note that it's Region B locked so... maybe they are doing it for A?). Can't say I love the cover art, but if Meiko sells, I can understand the want to put her up front and center like that.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Animeigo's Lady Snowblood DVDs went OOP last November, so I assume they lost the rights.

I didn't realize that. This could be the only option for some time then.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That cover art is absolutely hideous! Thank goodness that Arrow had the good sense to offer the original poster artwork as a reversible sleeve. It's the first thing I'm going to do when I get my hands on this one. Btw, Arrow is also releasing this in a Limited Edition SteelBook version too.
    Last edited by 47lab; 05-01-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Blog Entries
    Oooooooooh.
    dot dot dot dot....

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    Btw, Arrow is also releasing this in a Limited Edition SteelBook version too.
    With the same lousy cover art apparantly. If the extras are the same, I'll bite on this. Assuming the transfers are good.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

From Cult Labs:

"The Snowblood Dual Format Edition is now 3 discs and the SteelBook is now Blu-ray only.

The films will be split one film per Blu-ray and the DVD will have both films on one disc. We decided against putting both films on one Blu-ray as the encode would not have been good enough, in order to get a top notch encode we had to split the films. We will update with full details of the discs soon!"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've got this on preorder. Really looking forward to rewatching these movies in HD.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    With the same lousy cover art apparantly. If the extras are the same, I'll bite on this. Assuming the transfers are good.
    yeah, a real shame they stuck with the same abysmal cover art that was originally used by Danish distributor, AWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    From Cult Labs:

"The Snowblood Dual Format Edition is now 3 discs and the SteelBook is now Blu-ray only.

The films will be split one film per Blu-ray and the DVD will have both films on one disc. We decided against putting both films on one Blu-ray as the encode would not have been good enough, in order to get a top notch encode we had to split the films. We will update with full details of the discs soon!"
    Kudos to Arrow for the decision to split up both films & give each its own Blu-ray disc!
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

+ Reply to Thread