+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Adam Yach

Was what was on the Anthology the same stuff that was on the Some Old Bullshit EP? Cause that was some rad old hardcore stuff.

There are some bootlegs around too.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The only song on the anthology was "Beastie Boys", so clearly there is.

I guess I'll buy Some Old Bullshit tomorrow. Thanks.

RIP, MCA. Hard to describe the influence that their music has had on me, and how it shaped my interest in different styles. They were a pretty unique group, despite being pigeonholed as a hip hop act. Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head are still such fresh-sounding albums, and aside from a slight hiccup with To The 5 Boroughs, they were consistently groundbreaking.

I actually really liked To The 5 Burroughs a lot.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Its not that i didn't like it at all, it just didn't feel as consistent. Actually, Hello Nasty wasn't as consistent either, but the whole first half of that album is so friggin' rad, i can forgive the parts that didn't work for me. To the 5 Boroughs felt like it had a couple of intentional singles with videos in mind, and after that they stopped giving a shit. It's got a few great tracks, but feels disjointed. I can attribute some of that to it being a post-9/11 response (more or less) to 9/11, and that the emotions were running high....but Hot Sauce Committee is what brought it all back for me.

Hello Nasty was the last album of theirs I heard. I've never really considered myself a big fan (License to Ill is still the only album I listen to regularly), but I realized recently that they were pretty much the soundtrack to the best time in my life.

*Like*

Jon Stewart is frequently the man. That was a nice way to end the show the other night.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

+ Reply to Thread