Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Danzig Thread

So, the new album. Seems to be getting a mixed to hostile reaction going by some of the stuff I've seen so far. Personally, I think its pretty solid once you get past the weird production. The mix actually doesn't sound all that different from I Luciferi which took a similar, more "raw" approach to the production. It almost sounds like it wasn't mastered. I heard that it was recorded over various periods of time which would account for GD's vocals sounding more weathered in certain songs, whereas in other songs like "But a Nightmare" he sounds incredible. I love how explicitly doomy the album is and there certainly is a sinister vibe to the whole thing.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Tricked (Paul Verhoeven, 2012)

Yeah I thought it was pretty decent. I've only listened to it twice so far but it's got some solid songs on it. I agree that the production is a bit rough but I'm ok with that.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I thought it was pretty dull at first listen, but it has grown on me. It could have benefited from the addition of a couple of more uptempo songs/arrangements, or stripped back arrangements on a few tracks. I’d rate it below DRS but it’s much better than Skeletons. It would also benefit from better production and mastering. I don’t mind raw production but much of the record sounds like butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I agree that the production is a bit rough but I'm ok with that.
    For some reason I find it works better on some songs than others. Like on "Eyes Ripping Fire" is sticks out like a sore thumb, the drums especially, but on others like "Last Ride" and "Pull the Sun" is seems oddly appropriate.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Tricked (Paul Verhoeven, 2012)