Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Merged)

Oops, sorry, I misread your post. I think you are right, two new stories and ADTKF.

I thought that William Monahan (The Departed, Kingdom of Heaven, etc) was hired to take a pass at the script for this, but I haven't seen his name mentioned in any of the footage and the film isn't listed on his IMDB page, so maybe they didn't use anything he wrote.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Sin City 2 A Dame to kill for

I can't actually find a thread on this so I thought I would create one.

Has anyone actually seen this film yet? Apparently it's not doing too well at the box office. I didn't really like the first but the big draw for me here is Eva Green, and the fact that the main thread centres around her vampish character's story. I'm definitely intrigued by this.

It also gives me the opportunity to post this alleged "controversial" poster that is simply awesome.

Name:  Sin City 2 Eva Green.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  73.5 KB

Looking forward to it. It will draw me out to the cinema just for the visuals but 2 solid minutes of googling has not turned up an Oz release date for me. I don't like that poster. The girls freaking hot but the image looks like one of those youtube "how to get the Sin City look" tutorials rather than the sortof standard one expects from something this significant.

EDIT: I'll be waiting for the 18th of September it seems.
    Last edited by Dom D; 08-29-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

This flopped super hard, didn't it? It'll probably be out of theaters by next week.

I never liked the first one so I have no interest in the sequel.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

I liked it quite a bit. It's a definite step down from the first, but it fulfills the "more of the same" quota that I was hoping for and didn't really disappoint in terms of style, cast, script, etc. It's also got the edge over the first one in that the sequel has a lot more nudity.

If you've seen the original recently and still dig it, there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy this too.
    It's all in the reflexes.

I hated the first one. Won't be bothering with this one.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    I hated the first one. Won't be bothering with this one.
    Me too!

Visually good...but the rest was pretentious and boring...Trying too hard methinks!

I liked the first one well enough but never had the desire to revisit it after the initial theater view. I can't muster up much interest in this one. It really did belly flop at the box office too. If I go see a movie I'm more inclined to check out one of the upcoming horror films.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Bollocks. Finally a movie that I'll actually go see at the cinemas but nope. I couldn't make it out to see it for the first two weeks of its release but was keen to go tonight.. It's already been pulled from everywhere except for 10am screenings. In these days of 30 screen megaplexes desperate for content that's a bomb.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.