Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jackie Chan Thread

Ok, seriously, that poster answers a lot of questions.

A while back there were news stories about the fact that China had banned time travel as a topic in science fiction films. This led many to wonder why on Earth China was so concerned about something so trivial.

Then we have the mystery of how it is that Jackie Chan is retiring from action movies and then making Police Story 2013.

Now, I never would have guessed that these mysteries were related, but clearly they are. That poster proves that China has invented a time machine (which is why they banned the sic-fi movies -- didn't want trade secrets getting out) and they've used it to go back in time and get Jackie Chan from the early 1990's to force him to make new movies. I don't know why they thought they could keep this secret -- one look at that poster and its clear that that's not 2012's Jackie Chan, but the 1992 model starring in that movie.

I, for one, say Huzzah!

It also looks just like the poster for The Mechanic remake starring Jason Statham that was made a couple of years ago.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Apronikoff View Post
    Ok, seriously, that poster answers a lot of questions.

A while back there were news stories about the fact that China had banned time travel as a topic in science fiction films. This led many to wonder why on Earth China was so concerned about something so trivial.

Then we have the mystery of how it is that Jackie Chan is retiring from action movies and then making Police Story 2013.

Now, I never would have guessed that these mysteries were related, but clearly they are. That poster proves that China has invented a time machine (which is why they banned the sic-fi movies -- didn't want trade secrets getting out) and they've used it to go back in time and get Jackie Chan from the early 1990's to force him to make new movies. I don't know why they thought they could keep this secret -- one look at that poster and its clear that that's not 2012's Jackie Chan, but the 1992 model starring in that movie.

I, for one, say Huzzah!
    Haha, I like this explanation better than assuming it's a bad photoshop job.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Twitch has got the new trailer for Chan's Chinese Zodiac available to view here.

This looks like it could be a really nice return to form for him.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Have things been a bit quiet on the Chan front lately??...Or am I just not in the loop?

Chinese Zodiac is done and will be in theaters in China for Chinese New Year... and Rush Hour 4 has been announced!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    and Rush Hour 4 has been announced!
    Think I read this somewhere a while back.....but my brain has auto-deleted the information in order to save my sanity!!

Via Twitch:
    Action legend Jackie Chan has a reputation for being one of the hardest working man in showbiz but now he has two Guinness World records certificate to back up this claim. Today, Chan was officially awarded "Most Stunts Performed by a Living Actor" and "Most Credits in One Movie" while attending the opening of the Jackie Chan Film Gallery in Shanghai. In Chinese Zodiac, Chan holds fifteen credits to his name with writer, directer, lead actor as Asian Hawk, producer, executive producer, cinematographer, art director, unit production manager, catering coordinator, stunt coordinator, gaffer, composer, theme tune vocalist, props and stuntman.

Wow. Go Jackie.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Also.... this! (from Twitch).

Name:  Chinese-Zodiac-poster3-thumb-630xauto-35416.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  52.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!