Thread: Symptoms

Symptoms

I've been wanting to see Symptoms for a long time. Years back I bought a VHS boot from somewhere but it was unwatchable. I haven't tried to find another copy since as I figured that with Larraz having a few fans about the place it was really only a matter of time till this one got a good DVD release.

Just googled it now and was surprised to find a lisiting for it at the BFI as one of their most sought after lost films. I wasn't really aware that this Symptoms was considered lost or that it had that kind of mainstream profile; apparently it was Britains 1974 entrant to Cannes. An odd choice given it was retitled The Blood Virgin or some such at the time.

The fact that the BFI is listing this as semi-lost makes me a bit less optimistic of ever getting a decent DVD. Anyone know of a reasonable quality boot?

http://www.bfi.org.uk/nationalarchiv.../symptoms.html
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

The torrent off of CG looks solid.

Not a member at CG. To be honest the behaviour of their mods over on the av maniacs boards scared me off from ever signing on there. Shame that the rare, unreleased Euro-Cult stuff all seems to move through that site.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

You can purchase a watchable hard copy from so-called grey market retailers (apologies if I'm not meant to speak of such things). I really like this one btw, and would love to see a blu-ray release.

You can purchase a watchable hard copy from so-called grey market retailers (apologies if I'm not meant to speak of such things). I really like this one btw, and would love to see a blu-ray release.
    I can't think of any issue with talking about bootlegs when the films lost as this one seems to be considered to be. Who's selling a decent boot of this though? I don't want to buy another copy that I can't watch.

Dom D: Don't buy a bootleg, PM me your adress instead and i'll send you a free DVD-R (I have a nice copy from brittish TV).

It's a great film, one of my absolute favorite 1970s horror films, and I would *love* to see it on quality DVD or blu-ray. Let's hope a nice print gets found someday...

Discussion of bootlegs/torrents etc. is fine so long as it's for unreleased stuff.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!