Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Help The Opening Of Misty Beethoven Head To Blu-ray!

So, it looks like we're officially made our goal!
    Invoices will soon be emailed to all backers so be on the lookout!

The campaign is still running for another couple weeks so there's still plenty of time to contribute and take advantage of the reduced price DVD and Blu (with FREE domestic shipping!). Remember, some of the rewards are exclusive to this pledge so if you want to own a limited edition piece of MISTY BEETHOVEN history, here's your chance.

Remember, after the campaign, the 2-DVD set will be $29.99 but you can pre-order it (and get free shipping) for $25.00
    The Blu-Ray is slated to be $39.99 after the campaign, but for $35 you can get both the 2-DVD set and the Blu with free shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    Wich is a perfect timing for me as you know already from my PM

Big update posted here. Some last minute additions to the release like Gillis' last ever interview. Looks like stuff should ship in August.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Big update posted here. Some last minute additions to the release like Gillis' last ever interview. Looks like stuff should ship in August.
    That's so funny. I literally posted a comment just a couple of hours ago on their website asking for a new update. lol

It sounds like a truly spectacular package they're putting together for us, and August can't come soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    So, it looks like we're officially made our goal!

The campaign is still running for another couple weeks so there's still plenty of time to contribute and take advantage of the reduced price DVD and Blu (with FREE domestic shipping!). Remember, some of the rewards are exclusive to this pledge so if you want to own a limited edition piece of MISTY BEETHOVEN history, here's your chance.

Remember, after the campaign, the 2-DVD set will be $29.99 but you can pre-order it (and get free shipping) for $25.00
    The Blu-Ray is slated to be $39.99 after the campaign, but for $35 you can get both the 2-DVD set and the Blu with free shipping!
    I found about this late.
    I never buy a DVD if a blu-ray is available, however.
    I don't see an option to just buy the blu-ray by itself.
    Can I just buy the blu-ray? now?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    I found about this late.
    I never buy a DVD if a blu-ray is available, however.
    I don't see an option to just buy the blu-ray by itself.
    Can I just buy the blu-ray? now?
    Certainly during the initial campaign there was no option to buy the blu ray on its own, or I would have taken it. For me the blu ray renders the dvd obsolete, so I'm not a fan of these dual format releases.

I'm under the impression that when it's up for sale, it will be two separate pieces so you can buy one or the other. I could be wrong though, as I often am.

Well, when does it go up for sale?

The DVD's an option as a pledge reward: $25US, including shipping.

http://projectmisty.com/rewards/dvd/

Might even still be accepting pledges?

The DVD + Blu is only ten bucks more, though, so probably most people figure it's a good deal. Fuutre blu.

There's also some info about timeframes in that last update -- the blu-ray production is what's holding things up some, but it sounds like maybe an August or September release. With early shipping for supporters.

TIMEFRAMES-So, with all of that said, if this was just going to come out as a 2 disc standard DVD release, it would be ready by the end of July, but since we have decided to go Blu- we must wait until everything is done and will release all at the same time. It is only fair, and much of this we are feeling out, as this is the first time we have done anything like this. But we are going for ASAP, and it is coming to an end, production is near. Also, all project misty backers, will have their rewards shipped before the film is released. We can’t control the US Postal Service, but we will get them out, before the film is released to the public.

http://projectmisty.com/updates/

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jordan View Post
    I'm under the impression that when it's up for sale, it will be two separate pieces so you can buy one or the other. I could be wrong though, as I often am.
    No, you are correct. Steven has stated the Blu-ray will be for sale on its own but that it'll be a fair bit more expensive than it was when you made a pledge (at least that's what I remember him saying).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!