Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow Releasing Zombie On Blu-ray

Arrow Releasing Zombie On Blu-ray

So says Cult Labs.

Alan Jones & Stephen Thrower have recorded a commentary for it.

I do like the painting they've come up with for the cover.

Name:  arrow-zombie.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  74.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They always have great cover paintings. That one is no exception. That'd be an awesome poster.

That is a FANTASTIC poster...but I pity the person who, having never heard of the movie, picks it up because of the cover....they will be in for a shock!!

Amazing poster but I'm going to wait until after they correct the B&W opening and adjust the brightness .
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    That is a FANTASTIC poster...but I pity the person who, having never heard of the movie, picks it up because of the cover....they will be in for a shock!!
    Hopefully no one out there would expect any movie to be that awesome. Arrow and Shameless seem to catch a lot of flack but I think they do great work.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

They could do better in the QC department, but they've put out some good releases.

I don't know that this will top the BU release in the extras dept. but obviously we'll find out soon enough. I am curious to see what the transfer looks like though.

Then again, part of me starts to think about how many times I've bought this movie on VHS, DVD and now Blu-ray... and then I start to care less. haha.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It's a little too late. I bought the BU disc, which is region free, and unless you get a free zombie (or shark!) with the Arrow release I really don't want to buy the movie again - like Ian said, I've bought so many copies of this film over the years (VHS, LD, DVD and now BD) that I could probably fill a house with them.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Fangoria's got more details here.

"Calum Waddell of High Rising Productions, which has contributed a number of fine bonus features to past Arrow discs, let us know, “The Blu-ray will have about three hours of new features and two commentary tracks. The first features Alan Jones and Stephen Thrower, and the other is moderated by myself and features one of the key creators of the film—I don’t want to spoil who just yet! However, we have interviewed a lot of really cool people for this edition. The pictures [seen below] show myself with star Ian McCulloch and [High Rising’s] Naomi Holwill with special effects wiz Gino De Rossi. I’m especially excited about a documentary we have planned for this edition called From Romero to Rome, which will be about 45 minutes long and is a really in-depth look at the rise and fall of the Italian zombie boom. As well as some Italian icons, we’ve got the likes of Kim Newman, HOUSE OF WHIPCORD’s David McGillvray and CRADLE OF FEAR’s Alex Chandon to contribute. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg for the new features on this very special edition!”

I'm still really only interested in this in regards to the transfer. The extras aren't enough for me, but for UK fans who don't have the BU disc...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Come on Ian....how will you sleep at night if you DONT buy this????.......you know it will bother you too much not to pickup EVERY version of this movie released....The "Evil Dead release Syndrome" I like to call it!

It's 'DAWN OF THE DEAD release syndrome', for me I've even recently bought the French BD release of the Argento cut of that movie.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard